Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Yes, or Windows. You just need the path.

ok, last thing and this SHOULD work:

1) Install my supplied BRG aml and make sure it’s active in OC
2) Uncomment the properties in OC/dp BUT make sure there is a line that contains device-id / data / BF730000.

THAT will spoof correctly without adding a spoof to any ssdt.

Let us know,
J
Now to try to understand why that solution worked...

The DeviceProperty settings in OpenCore are pretty straight forward. I can see where the PCI device paths are defined in them. However, shouldn't the audio device have a different device id we are trying to spoof or should it really be the same as the display?

Did you make SSDT-BRG0.aml yourself or is it something commonly used in the community? I can see this is a compiled file. Is it compiled by Xcode or another tool? Do we know the contents of that file? The tables it contains?

Now to figure out if anything else is unexpectedly not quite working correctly. So far things look pretty dang good!

I need to reinstall because it is the only way I can see what I am doing so I can run Hackintool on this hardware. I don't have another OS I can boot into to collect the details of the RX 6900 XT which I will need to do the spoofing correct?
If it can run macOS, even with non accelerated graphics, you can get the required information from Hackintool or IORegistryExplorer.
As for getting the information from "another OS", you do not need it installed: A LiveUSB of any Linux distro can do the trick.

The geekiest way: Use the DEBUG version of OpenCore with Misc>Debug>SysReport:true. No need to sucessfully boot—just dump the SysReport, which will reveal all relvant information.

Now to try to understand why that solution worked...

The DeviceProperty settings in OpenCore are pretty straight forward. I can see where the PCI device paths are defined in them. However, shouldn't the audio device have a different device id we are trying to spoof or should it really be the same as the display?

Did you make SSDT-BRG0.aml yourself or is it something commonly used in the community? I can see this is a compiled file. Is it compiled by Xcode or another tool? Do we know the contents of that file? The tables it contains?

Now to figure out if anything else is unexpectedly not quite working correctly. So far things look pretty dang good!
I made it myself using iterations I found within all those links I suggested you read, with the assistance of others, especially @etorix. It gets compiled using MaciASL. Again, if you want to know, you can read up on all of those links, starting with the dortania one which thoroughly goes over the process.

As far as the audio, I really do not know.

j

Did you make SSDT-BRG0.aml yourself or is it something commonly used in the community?
The template for it comes with the OpenCore package in Docs>AcpiSamples>Source.
It can be (de)compiled with MaciASL.
The audio part requires no spoofing. If anything is to be done, AppleALC(U).kext should take care of it.

Keep moving on the path to goodness!

Yeah, I read a ton of that stuff but the problem is, there are just fragments of info all over the place and it looked to me like there were several different ways to do the same thing which makes it hard for a newb like myself to figure out what actually needs to be done.

Grateful for your assistance. You went above and beyond.

The template for it comes with the OpenCore package in Docs>AcpiSamples>Source.
It can be (de)compiled with MaciASL.
The audio part requires no spoofing. If anything is to be done, AppleALC(U).kext should take care of it.

Keep moving on the path to goodness!
In that case, I should probably just comment out the audio entry in Device Properties.

Thank you for the concise details about creating the .aml file. I hope I never have to go down that road but I may so it is good to know.

Thank you for the concise details about creating the .aml file. I hope I never have to go down that road but I may so it is good to know.
Somehow you have to… Injecting DeviceProperties requires a fully named ACPI path, so if you have unnamed bridges in your system you have to make suitable SSDT-BRG. "Suitable" depends on the motherboard, possibly its BIOS version, add-in cards… and the slot it is in. So, while it is often possible to reuse the SSDT from another system which happens to use the same address, it is important to check.

But DeviceProperties come late in the boot stage, and it is reported that spoofing works better if done at en earlier stage through a SSDT. The good news is that, once SSDT-BRG has been worked out, to add spoofing in there is a copy-paste affair: Give the GFX0 object a _DSM method which injects 'device-id'. And any other property you want, but only device-id is required for a sucessful spoof; cosmetic properties can be left to DeviceProperties in the config.plist, which is easier to edit.
There are many different examples in the RX6950 thread for the _DSM code, including cases for other cards.

Last edited:
There are many different examples
So true! I found a spoof n there that turned my 6770k into a 96-core 19999k, and it even ran at 10Ghz!
:lol:

Last edited:
In that case, I should probably just comment out the audio entry in Device Properties.

The BRG0 file @SmackAttack provided with all the relevant information you require is correct.

I have the same GPU as you, I've attached my DP settings in OCAT for your reference.
Note, I've commented out AUDIO as I use an external sound card. However, when I change to the audio output to either of my 3 LG Monitors (2 x DP and 1 x HDMI), the audio does, indeed, work.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.20.38 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.20.38 pm.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.20.32 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.20.32 pm.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.20.25 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 4.20.25 pm.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 32
Thank you all! Everyone has been so helpful. It is much appreciated. :)

Back