Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Well, after a lot of struggle, I managed to get the WiFi and BT to work, but only in one way... the WiFi was activated by the Intel motherboard, and then the BT wouldn't work at all. I took my Fenvi 919 and put the BT to work. But Airdrop still doesn't work. There are things that are never explained much in these tutorials, in general, the position of the Kexts when loading is extremely important, if you put them in the wrong position, the result... will not load the drivers in the correct way. And that doesn't comment...
Interestingly, both the Hack and the iPhone show Airdrop... they find the devices... but when they get a file and try to send it... it doesn't send it... I believe it's something that needs to be changed in the config.plist... I already had read somewhere about this. But now I don't remember.
Please note that if we use Intel WiFi, most macOS Continuity features will not work. AirDrop is a Continuity feature, and it does not work.

Please note that if we use Intel WiFi, most macOS Continuity features will not work. AirDrop is a Continuity feature, and it does not work.
This prevents me from updating to macOS 14. I will stay in 13.6.

This prevents me from updating to macOS 14. I will stay in 13.6.
I ended up choosing to stay in Sonoma and use WhatsApps to transfer files, now doing OCPL. .. never....

I upgraded to Monterey from Big Sur and my Thunderbolt 2 device no longer is being recognized... EFI has been unchanged.. 0.93 was working with Big Sur.. not sure what's happening. I upgraded through the app store official installer.

I've tried rebooting, unplugging power supply, soft reboot, multiple times, reinstalled UAD Thunderbolt device driver multiple times. I tried spoofing using Maple Ridge V1B, I found a V2B on Insanely Mac and tried that.. nope.. I reverted to V2 since that's what was working great with Big Sur, but not anymore. I tried even reverting OpenCore to 0.83 to no avail.

Any ideas, @CaseySJ ?

Audio interface works perfectly with the same cables on a newly upgraded Monterey (from Big Sur) on my real macbook pro, not sure how to fix this.
I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Monterey and the audio interface works great, no problems at all.

It's also not a Thunderbolt firmware problem on the z690 ProArt. I've been through that hell! haha... and left it at 2103

Last edited:
I upgraded to Monterey from Big Sur and my Thunderbolt 2 device no longer is being recognized... EFI has been unchanged.. 0.93 was working with Big Sur.. not sure what's happening. I upgraded through the app store official installer.
Big Sur featured some kind of amazing magic! It could enable Thunderbolt Bus on built-in Maple Ridge controllers on Asus motherboards. We lost that capability in Monterey and newer.

I've tried rebooting, unplugging power supply, soft reboot, multiple times, reinstalled UAD Thunderbolt device driver multiple times. I tried spoofing using Maple Ridge V1B, I found a V2B on Insanely Mac and tried that.. nope.. I reverted to V2 since that's what was working great with Big Sur, but not anymore. I tried even reverting OpenCore to 0.83 to no avail.

Any ideas, @CaseySJ ?
  • Does the UAD work when it is attached and powered up before macOS boots up?
  • Have you tried both of the Thunderbolt ports, one by one?

Any ideas, @CaseySJ ?

Audio interface works perfectly with the same cables on a newly upgraded Monterey (from Big Sur) on my real macbook pro, not sure how to fix this.
I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Monterey and the audio interface works great, no problems at all.

It's also not a Thunderbolt firmware problem on the z690 ProArt. I've been through that hell! haha... and left it at 2103
what is your thunderbolt nvm version ?

FYI, we are trying to hack third-party Broadcom Wi-Fi 6 modules in Sonoma. @Elias64Fr is back. :)

OK well its been a fun few weeks getting this hack to run smooth, and boy am I happy with this baby :) Everything is fully functional, Continuity, BT, WiFi, 10GB Network, TB3/4 with hot swap. Full Graphics powerhouse scoring 16K in GB5, everything is smooth as butter! There is one thing I cant overcome... Wake from sleep.. Just stays black? Mouse KB Power Button? Must hard reset to get back :( Anyone else having this issue or figured out a way to overcome it ?

OK well its been a fun few weeks getting this hack to run smooth, and boy am I happy with this baby :) Everything is fully functional, Continuity, BT, WiFi, 10GB Network, TB3/4 with hot swap. Full Graphics powerhouse scoring 16K in GB5, everything is smooth as butter! There is one thing I cant overcome... Wake from sleep.. Just stays black? Mouse KB Power Button? Must hard reset to get back :( Anyone else having this issue or figured out a way to overcome it ?
Can you post your EFI Folder?

I have onboard Intel WiFi working in Sonoma using AirportItlwm-Sonoma.kext as described in the install mini-guide. However I can't get my previously working Broadcom PCIe Bluetooth card to work. Does this require specific kexts?

Alternatively, can you recommend an Intel-based PCIe Wifi/Bluetooth card that would work?

Back