Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

For display I suppose it could be anything supported.
If the RX 6800 XT also serves compute tasks, a second RX 6800 XT would be best.

The Radeon Pro W5700 has exactly five outputs, and if you're in the EU there's a Czech seller on eBay who appears to have a steady supply of these cards, starting at low prices (no endorsement, just pointing out what appears to be an opportunity although it would be a downgrade from your RX 6800).
Well, after some worry and fear, I just went to my local BB and picked up an AMD RX 580. The 5th monitor is just an LCD screen on my PC for Hardware monitoring :) Not to be used for anything intensive. I was a bit nervous about changing my hardware but pushed the envelope by just installing it an Voila, it was plug n play and is working great ATM... Gonna do some testing but will report back with any news.. Wooohooo! I cant believe it just worked, I have all 5 displays up and running good keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Well, after some worry and fear,I just went to my local BB and picked up an AMD RX 580. The 5th monitor is just an LCD screen on my PC for Hardware monitoring Not to be used for anything intensive. I was a bit nervous about changing my hardware but pushed the envelope by just installing it an Voila, it was plug n play and is working great ATM... Gonna do some testing but will report back with any news.. Wooohooo! I cant believe it just worked, I have all 5 displays up and running good keeping my fingers crossed. :)
I am using 3 4K monitors with an RX6600XT

I am using 3 4K monitors with an RX6600XT
Nice! I am currently running 3 27" LG 4K displays alongside a 75" Sony Bravia and then a 10" case display that I run a hardware monitor on. Pretty snazzy.
71xLECP3hPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
IMG_8348.jpeg
IMG_8277.jpeg

I have a problem with WiFi Sonoma. What is the solution to activate it?

Use a USB Wi-Fi module?

Return with Intel WiFi? But I went to see on hackdrom there is no option to build EFI to use Intel WiFi. Where can I get it?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the minimum fanspeed on your GPU outside of 0 RPM mode?

Nice! I am currently running 3 27" LG 4K displays alongside a 75" Sony Bravia and then a 10" case display that I run a hardware monitor on. Pretty snazzy.
I have the Jonsbo D31 (mATX) with LCD screen. Love it!

I have a problem with WiFi Sonoma. What is the solution to activate it?

Use a USB Wi-Fi module?

Return with Intel WiFi? But I went to see on hackdrom there is no option to build EFI to use Intel WiFi. Where can I get it?

Thanks.
Reminder to Everyone: Please see this guide (from Post 1) for Sonoma:

Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 12.50.29 PM.png

I'm using an AMD RX 6900 XT 16 GB which works well but I only have Metal v2.2 support. I thought Mac OS 13 and 14 would allow Metal 3 with supported GPUs? Has anyone been able to get full Metal 3 support? I'm currently using Mac OS 14 but had the same issue with the previous version.

I've followed the advice on this forum regarding the GPU and OpenCore settings, but the system thinks it is "AMD Radeon HD GFX10 Family Unknown Prototype".

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 7.55.50 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 7.55.50 pm.png
    25 KB · Views: 26
I'm using an AMD RX 6900 XT 16 GB which works well but I only have Metal v2.2 support. I thought Mac OS 13 and 14 would allow Metal 3 with supported GPUs? Has anyone been able to get full Metal 3 support? I'm currently using Mac OS 14 but had the same issue with the previous version.

I've followed the advice on this forum regarding the GPU and OpenCore settings, but the system thinks it is "AMD Radeon HD GFX10 Family Unknown Prototype".

I have an AMD RX 6800 in an AMD Ryzentosh running Sonoma. System Information shows the following:
Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 5.12.19 PM.png

I have some Device Properties injected as follows, but I haven't tried disabling them to see if that affects Metal compatibility.
Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 5.16.10 PM.png

For 6900XT we can inject Carswell. Please see this post for comprehensive list:

My two systems with reference 6900xts both show Metal 3 I believe, I’ll check back if that’s not the case.

Back