Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@ummario,

Hopefully someone with Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard will provide some guidance on this. Have you looked at the Issues section in GitHub?
I think Intel Bluetooth has worked properly with these devices, but I'm not sure. I use Logitech wireless mice and Keychron wired mechanical keyboards.

This is normal and expected.

You need a bluetooth dongle/card that supports Bluetooth HID Proxy. Very few cards support this feature, I am assuming the Intel Bluetooth does not.

Bluetooth HID proxy is used during BIOS, POST, Opencore, etc. Before the OS Loads. Without it, the keyboard will only work after loading the OS.

This is normal and expected.

You need a bluetooth dongle/card that supports Bluetooth HID Proxy. Very few cards support this feature, I am assuming the Intel Bluetooth does not.

Bluetooth HID proxy is used during BIOS, POST, Opencore, etc. Before the OS Loads. Without it, the keyboard will only work after loading the OS.
Yes. Exactly that!

So is done! MacOS Sonoma works. Everthing works flawlessly.

screenshot MacOS Sonoma.jpg

Ventura 13.6 is installed on the PC and works well. I want to update to Sonoma but I get the attached error. Thanks for help.

Attachments

• IMG_5953.jpg
    IMG_5953.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 42
Ventura 13.6 is installed on the PC and works well. I want to update to Sonoma but I get the attached error. Thanks for help.
Some questions:
  • Have you seen this guide?
  • Which version of OpenCore? Have you updated to 0.9.4 or 0.9.5?
  • Have you double-checked all BIOS parameters?

Some questions:
  • Have you seen this guide?
  • Which version of OpenCore? Have you updated to 0.9.4 or 0.9.5?
  • Have you double-checked all BIOS parameters?
Thank you @CaseySJ . OC version is 0.9.5 and all kexts updated. I did not changed BIOS parameters. Ventura works flawlessly. I made a usb installer for Sonoma but it fails too. Is it relevant with Fenvi t919 module?

So, heres an odd Question: any way to get a 5th monitor working with this build? Would the Sonnett Echo 13 work? I have tried 3 diff TB4 / USB 3 Hubs but only one monitor can be driven off it? Could I add a 2nd video card (Last but possible option?) Any feedback is very appreciated :)

Hubs do not create video signals and framebuffers out of nothing… To drive five monitors you need a graphic card which supports five monitors (Radeon Pro WX9100 and W6800 support six), or multiple graphic cards.

Hubs do not create video signals and framebuffers out of nothing… To drive five monitors you need a graphic card which supports five monitors (Radeon Pro WX9100 and W6800 support six), or multiple graphic cards.
I finally have my hack running smooth... Get nervous about changing hardware in the thing at all lol.. But I have been looking I have a 6800XT in this new rig, could I add just a 580 for the additional monitor? Or would it be best to get a 2nd 6800xt?

For display I suppose it could be anything supported.
If the RX 6800 XT also serves compute tasks, a second RX 6800 XT would be best.

The Radeon Pro W5700 has exactly five outputs, and if you're in the EU there's a Czech seller on eBay who appears to have a steady supply of these cards, starting at low prices (no endorsement, just pointing out what appears to be an opportunity although it would be a downgrade from your RX 6800).

Last edited:
Back