Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hey @CaseySJ

Was thinking the same about Ethernet.... I've checked and I have AppleVTD enabled on BIOS, but my Hackintosh can't detect any of the Ethernet ports. I should mention that if I boot in Windows, they work fine.

I'm referring to both Ethernet ports of my Asus Z690 ProArt Creator Wifi. With Ethernet cable connected to the 10GB port (AQC), I don't see any lights. When connected to the 2,5 GB Port (Intel), I see one light only. On both of them macOS does not detect network.

I also have a QNAP Thunderbolt 10Gb Ethernet adapter. I can connect it to the thunderbolt port, but it can't detect Ethernet, as well.

I took a picture of the screen of my system.... (I can't use internet to send proper print screen.)

About WiFi, I will try OCLP later.

Thanks
I see...none of the Ethernet ports is being detected. Questions:
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Are all Ethernet port DeviceProperties disabled or deleted from config.plist -> DeviceProperties?
  • What are the current boot-args?
  • To verify if AppleVTD is enabled, run IORegistryExplorer and check the top of the device list. Does it appear?
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 3.12.10 PM.png

I see...none of the Ethernet ports is being detected. Questions:
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Are all Ethernet port DeviceProperties disabled or deleted from config.plist -> DeviceProperties?
  • What are the current boot-args?
  • To verify if AppleVTD is enabled, run IORegistryExplorer and check the top of the device list. Does it appear?
View attachment 571837
Ok... I have some progress... If I enable 'ForceAquantiaEthernet' in Kernel, it enables the 10Gb Port! But still don't see the intel port....

About your questions:

1. I'm on Sonoma 14.0 Beta (23A5337a)

2. Do You mind to take a look? Not sure what you are asking here:
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.31.59.png

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.32.05.png
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.32.14.png
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.32.28.png

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.32.38.png
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.32.43.png

3: About boot-Args:

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.40.50.png

4. AppleVTD on IORegistryExplorer:
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.44.07.png

Sorry everyone for such long post!

Thank you @CaseySJ !

Ok... I have some progress... If I enable 'ForceAquantiaEthernet' in Kernel, it enables the 10Gb Port! But still don't see the intel port....

About your questions:

1. I'm on Sonoma 14.0 Beta (23A5337a)

2. Do You mind to take a look? Not sure what you are asking here:
View attachment 571839
View attachment 571840View attachment 571841View attachment 571842

View attachment 571843View attachment 571844
3: About boot-Args:

View attachment 571845

4. AppleVTD on IORegistryExplorer:View attachment 571846
Sorry everyone for such long post!

Thank you @CaseySJ !
Let's do the following:
  • Enable ForceAquantiaEthernet kernel quirk
  • In config.plist -> Kernel -> Patch please uncheck any previous Aquantia patches
  • In your 3rd and 4th screenshots, simply add a hashmark # to the beginning of each Ethernet device
  • Reboot
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.32.14.png
Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 23.32.28.png

Let's do the following:
  • Enable ForceAquantiaEthernet kernel quirk
  • In config.plist -> Kernel -> Patch please uncheck any previous Aquantia patches
  • In your 3rd and 4th screenshots, simply add a hashmark # to the beginning of each Ethernet device
  • Reboot
View attachment 571847View attachment 571848

Thank you! It works !!!

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 00.22.14.png

Now I have another question... to enable the Wifi, when you say:

Broadcom WiFi does not work in Sonoma -- we can try the OCLP (OpenCore Legacy Patcher) method or use Intel WiFi.

Which method would you choose? Is that any guides available?

Thank you!

Now I have another question... to enable the Wifi, when you say:

Which method would you choose? Is that any guides available?
I prefer to use an Intel WiFi module at this time. The disadvantage, however, is that we lose all Continuity features of macOS other than (a) Handoff and (b) Continuity Clipboard.

The OCLP procedure is documented in @zgonda's previous post.

The Intel procedure is documented in my previously posted Sonoma guide.

I prefer to use an Intel WiFi module at this time. The disadvantage, however, is that we lose all Continuity features of macOS other than (a) Handoff and (b) Continuity Clipboard.

The OCLP procedure is documented in @zgonda's previous post.

The Intel procedure is documented in my previously posted Sonoma guide.
Hi @CaseySJ

Thank you so much again for the help... really appreciate it!

Anyway as you can see bellow I followed your mini-guide to enable the intel wi-fi (actually was already done when first installed Sonoma following the mini-guide) but still unable to connect to wifi. Any idea?

EDIT 1:
MY BAD! I had Wi-Fi Controller disabled at BIOS settings. Now is working!

Maybe is a good idea as well to use Intel bluetooth instead of broadcom. Let's try that :p

EDIT 2:
I have now Intel Bluetooth working as well! Already removed Fenvi card from my computer! :)

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 15.26.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 15.26.40.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 15.26.46.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 15.26.46.png
    567.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Ok I have a new issue (but not a big deal):

In the past (before sonoma update and using Fenvi card for bluetooth) I could use my Apple bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard both on Mac or Windows and also during Opencore Boot.

Now that i'm using the intel bluetooth, I'm able to pair them with my mac, and after restarting the mac it connects automatically.... but when I boot in Windows and try to pair the keyboard and mouse, it works, but when I boot again in mac it does not recognise them anymore. I have to forget them and pair again.

Also can't use bluetooth mouse and keyborad during OC Boot.

I remember that in the past did something to make them work with both systems... anyone has solution to this?

Thanks

EDIT:

I found this:

But when in Sonoma entering the command in terminal i get: "The domain/default pair of (/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetoothd.plist, LinkKeys) does not exist"

Last edited:
Ok I have a new issue (but not a big deal):

In the past (before sonoma update and using Fenvi card for bluetooth) I could use my Apple bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard both on Mac or Windows and also during Opencore Boot.

Now that i'm using the intel bluetooth, I'm able to pair them with my mac, and after restarting the mac it connects automatically.... but when I boot in Windows and try to pair the keyboard and mouse, it works, but when I boot again in mac it does not recognise them anymore. I have to forget them and pair again.

Also can't use bluetooth mouse and keyborad during OC Boot.

I remember that in the past did something to make them work with both systems... anyone has solution to this?

Thanks

EDIT:

I found this:

But when in Sonoma entering the command in terminal i get: "The domain/default pair of (/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetoothd.plist, LinkKeys) does not exist"
@ummario,

Hopefully someone with Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard will provide some guidance on this. Have you looked at the Issues section in GitHub?
I think Intel Bluetooth has worked properly with these devices, but I'm not sure. I use Logitech wireless mice and Keychron wired mechanical keyboards.

@ummario,

Hopefully someone with Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard will provide some guidance on this. Have you looked at the Issues section in GitHub?
I think Intel Bluetooth has worked properly with these devices, but I'm not sure. I use Logitech wireless mice and Keychron wired mechanical keyboards.

Thanks... I think I might be able to accomplish what I need if i find a way to take the bluetooth Link Keys from Sonora, Apparently that can be done as well with Hackintool, but still didn't found how... keep digging

Edit: I found that Bluetooth Keylinks of Apple devices can be found opening the Keychain Access and are stored in the password field of the MobileBluetooth entries.

Last edited:
Thanks... I think I might be able to accomplish what I need if i find a way to take the bluetooth Link Keys from Sonora, Apparently that can be done as well with Hackintool, but still didn't found how... keep digging

Edit: I found that Bluetooth Keylinks of Apple devices can be found opening the Keychain Access and are stored in the password field of the MobileBluetooth entries.
Good work! If you can post a simple step-by-step guide, I’ll link it to Post 1.

Back