Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Guys need a lil assistance been aty this one for 2 days and Im close just cant get over the install hump.. I followed the guide a dozen + times and now Im getting stuck at 5:12 Successfully Initialilized AHCI controller and it just hangs no kernel panic or crash just sits? Any ideas Exact build with broadcom wifi module added. It is disabled in Bios but otherwise matched everything up? 12700 on z690 ProArt Wifi I think the prob is the initial EFI im working with is 9.3 oc and I am using 9.5? I bought everything that was in the guide to the tee? Baffling

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    44.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7927.JPG
    IMG_7927.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 27
Guys need a lil assistance been aty this one for 2 days and Im close just cant get over the install hump.. I followed the guide a dozen + times and now Im getting stuck at 5:12 Successfully Initialilized AHCI controller and it just hangs no kernel panic or crash just sits? Any ideas Exact build with broadcom wifi module added. It is disabled in Bios but otherwise matched everything up? 12700 on z690 ProArt Wifi I think the prob is the initial EFI im working with is 9.3 oc and I am using 9.5? I bought everything that was in the guide to the tee? Baffling

Hello @viccan,

Some questions:
  • Which version of macOS are you installing?
  • Which version of BIOS is on your motherboard?
Also try attached config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.7 KB · Views: 30
Hello @viccan,

Some questions:
  • Which version of macOS are you installing?
  • Which version of BIOS is on your motherboard?
Also try attached config.plist
I started with Monterey but figured It didnt go either so tried moving to ventura 13.15.1
I upgraded my BIOS to the latest as well believe its 2703.
Just FYI I get this validation error when importing the config into OC..
NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.9.3!

OCS: No schema for InstanceIdentifier at 4 index, context <Boot>!
OCS: No schema for ShimRetainProtocol at 13 index, context <Quirks>!
Serialisation returns 2 errors!

NVRAM->Delete: <empty string> is duplicated at Index 3 and 4!
CheckNvram returns 1 error!

Completed validating /Users/victorcanastraro/Desktop/config.plist in 2 ms. Found 3 issues requiring attention.

I'm in the process of installing Windows on the system now just to be sure there's nothing hardware related going on?? But I will try this EFI as soon as it completes, just a though is there any way the drive (WD Black 2TB) not being formatted prior to install have any bearing? Prob not but thought I'd ask.. Thanks for your assistance, Casey :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @ummario

That step only applies to the Z390 Designare because we were disabling the Intel WiFi port with a SSDT. On the Asus ProArt and most other boards we don’t do that, hence that step is not needed.
Hi @CaseySJ ...

Followed your mini-guide, and successfully updated to MacOS Sonoma, but....

- Wifi and Ethernet are not working (both intel and Aquantia ethernet not working)

Do you know what might be missing? I should mention that did't make the part of 'Enabling Intel Bluetooth' since decided to keep broadcom bluetooth... for now.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ ...

Followed your mini-guide, and successfully updated to MacOS Sonoma, but....

- Wifi and Ethernet are not working (both intel and Aquantia ethernet not working)

Do you know what might be missing? I should mention that did't make the part of 'Enabling Intel Bluetooth' since decided to keep broadcom bluetooth... for now.

Thank you!
Hey! If you could share your EFI folder, and I can at least get my install going I could try and troubleshoot your prob as well??

I started with Monterey but figured It didnt go either so tried moving to ventura 13.15.1
I upgraded my BIOS to the latest as well believe its 2703.
The latest BIOS may be a problem. We recommend earlier BIOS versions. I am still on 2204, but the system will not allow you to downgrade to that version.

Try BIOS 2403 or 2305.

Just FYI I get this validation error when importing the config into OC..
NOTE: This version of ocvalidate is only compatible with OpenCore version 0.9.3!

OCS: No schema for InstanceIdentifier at 4 index, context <Boot>!
OCS: No schema for ShimRetainProtocol at 13 index, context <Quirks>!
Serialisation returns 2 errors!

NVRAM->Delete: <empty string> is duplicated at Index 3 and 4!
CheckNvram returns 1 error!

Completed validating /Users/victorcanastraro/Desktop/config.plist in 2 ms. Found 3 issues requiring attention.
We can safely ignore these warnings for now. They are due to a mismatch between the OpenCore version and the format of the config.plist that I sent. The warnings can be cleaned up later.

I'm in the process of installing Windows on the system now just to be sure there's nothing hardware related going on?? But I will try this EFI as soon as it completes, just a though is there any way the drive (WD Black 2TB not being formatted prior to install have any bearing? Prob not but thought Id ask.. Thanks for your assistance Casey :)
I can test your EFI folder on my system later.

Wow what a day!! Just shoot me :( I finally got everything set up and running beautifully, all functioning to a tee, I then started moving my storage devices overgot 4 of 5 of my nvme drives in my OWC Accelsior 4M2 install rebooted, GREAT! I then had 1 addittional nvme to move in, I opted to put it in the onboard slot as my PCI addon card just wouldnt fit in the 3rd still open slot as my case and bottom fans prettty much kill the slot as its too tight, no biggy theres 3 open slots no biggy right? I add it in go to reboot and my mb died :( I am dying!! Good news I ordered a new board, the one i shoulda got off amazon (all but $670.00) shoulda been here Tuesday but after check out it changed till Thursday uggggg... At least once the new board comes it should all just be plug n play I pray!

I don't know if anyone has posted this here before but voilà :

Thanks to OCLP developers, we can now again benefit from Wifi with Broadcom cards (like Fenvi...) for this it is necessary (and sufficient...) to follow to the letter the procedure described in this link.

You have to go to the chapter "Hackintosh notes" and click to "expand" "Enabling Patching support for modern Broadcom Cards (Click to Expand)"

Then you have to go there:

"Latest builds for the sonoma-development branch can be found below:

Nightly.link: OpenCore-Patcher.app (Sonoma Development)"

To download the latest version of OpenCore-Patcher...

If you have problems launching Firefox or Whatsapp, you should not use the boot-arg amfi=0x80 but the kext AMFIPass.kext with the boot-arg -amfipassbeta

Attachments

• AMFIPass.kext.zip
    173.5 KB · Views: 34
Back