Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I'm just wondering why my last post was deleted here twice. I have posted a link to the possible further use of the WiFi function of built-in Broadcom cards such as the Fenvi FV-T919. Either the solution is not accepted because it is in another forum or it was due to the corresponding link. Either way, I don't think the procedure is right. I don't know which forum rule the solution offered contradicts. Please to enlightenment.

I'm just wondering why my last post was deleted here twice. I have posted a link to the possible further use of the WiFi function of built-in Broadcom cards such as the Fenvi FV-T919. Either the solution is not accepted because it is in another forum or it was due to the corresponding link. Either way, I don't think the procedure is right. I don't know which forum rule the solution offered contradicts. Please to enlightenment.
Hello @Kalypso478,

One of the moderators removed your post because it refers to another Hackintosh site. Because that site is in German, we don't know how "legit" it is.

Nevertheless, we discussed the OpenCore Legacy Patcher solution for Broadcom WiFi in another thread here on TonyMac. The discussion is still ongoing:

At this time I personally do not recommend the OCLP solution, which is why I did not mention it. Anyone willing to attempt the procedure may do so, but please avoid posting any requests for help in this thread. Requests for help can, however, be posted to the thread linked above.

@CaseySJ: Thanks for the tip. Then my post/note is done.

ladies, gents

Could you tell me what’s the firmware version of your AQC-113C please? System preferences
Both Z690 & Z790 platforms.

I might be into something … :)

ladies, gents

Could you tell me what’s the firmware version of your AQC-113C please? System preferences
Both Z690 & Z790 platforms.

I might be into something … :)
My Gigabyte GC-AQC113C add-in-card has firmware version 1.3.27
My Asus Z690 ProArt's built-in AQC-113 has firmware version 1.3.15

Hi @CaseySJ I am just curious if Apple removed Broadcom WiFi support in MacOS 14, how about WiFI for Intel Mac, such as Macbook Pro 2019?

My Gigabyte GC-AQC113C add-in-card has firmware version 1.3.27
My Asus Z690 ProArt's built-in AQC-113 has firmware version 1.3.15
I’ll have to check my firmware version but the aqc113cs from owc works natively with macOS, even on apple silicon. No need for any patches. And it also supports airplay.

Hi @CaseySJ I am just curious if Apple removed Broadcom WiFi support in MacOS 14, how about WiFI for Intel Mac, such as Macbook Pro 2019?
Hello @Sn0wMan,

Sonoma is fully compatible with Intel MacBook Pro 2018 and 2019. Sonoma maintains support for Broadcom WiFi modules that are soldered onto the motherboard. Our Broadcom WiFi modules are attached via M.2 or PCI slots; these modules are not supported any longer in Sonoma.

Enabling Intel WiFi:
If your motherboard has an Intel WiFi module, it is relatively easy to activate it as follows:

• If using Gigabyte Z390 Designare, disable SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml as shown:
View attachment 571483
Hi @CaseySJ

Thaks you so much for you Mini-Guide. Very helpfull as usual :)

First doubt I have (hope is he last one, since I'm just starting it), on the Chapter of 'Enabling Intel Wifi', you give the example of disabling on the Gigabyte Z390 Designare, but on my Asus Z690 ProArt Creator, I don't see anything similar to the example you give.

Here's what I see:

Screenshot 2023-09-16 at 13.01.38.png

Should I change anything here?

Thank you!

Hi @CaseySJ

Thaks you so much for you Mini-Guide. Very helpfull as usual :)

First doubt I have (hope is he last one, since I'm just starting it), on the Chapter of 'Enabling Intel Wifi', you give the example of disabling on the Gigabyte Z390 Designare, but on my Asus Z690 ProArt Creator, I don't see anything similar to the example you give.

Here's what I see:

View attachment 571551
Should I change anything here?

Thank you!
Hello @ummario

That step only applies to the Z390 Designare because we were disabling the Intel WiFi port with a SSDT. On the Asus ProArt and most other boards we don’t do that, hence that step is not needed.

Back