Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Yes, but they do work with 3.0 speeds. That's what I'm trying to figure out. Looks like the ACPI file doesn't load the prepaired USB config. I'll attach it and post the config file - maybe someone will figure out what's wrong.

I do have 4 ports set ws USB 3.0 (SS 01-04) and two USB C ports. I haven’t touched the ACPI that Casey provided in any way..
Are there two or more disks with EFI partitions containing OpenCore? If so, perhaps the system is booting from the wrong drive?

If you're certain that the correct EFI partition is being booted, I'd like to examine the entire EFI folder if you can remove serial numbers from config.plist -> PlatformInfo and compress/post the folder.

Hello, only one drive with EFI partition, so I don't think that's the case. EFI folder attached, thanks for checking!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    45.3 MB · Views: 36
Hello, only one drive with EFI partition, so I don't think that's the case. EFI folder attached, thanks for checking!
Please do the following:
  • Follow this guide that was referenced in my earlier post (it applies to both Broadcom and Intel Bluetooth):
  • Run IORegistryExplorer (download from here if needed) and select File -> Save As..., then post that file. This will provide a lot more information about your computer's configuration
I personally don't use Hackintool to examine USB ports. But if you do, then simply clear and refresh the USB port list as shown:
Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 9.51.12 AM.png

IOReg file attached. I'm on Monterey 12.6.6 by the way.
Followed the guide, updated kexts, added those 2 positions in NVRAM and rebooted with clearing NVRAM - no change.
Cleared and refreshed the USB ports in Hackintool - no change, the same ports show up, HS10 still missing.

Attachments

• Diki’s iMac.ioreg
    28.7 MB · Views: 21
IOReg file attached. I'm on Monterey 12.6.6 by the way.
Followed the guide, updated kexts, added those 2 positions in NVRAM and rebooted with clearing NVRAM - no change.
Cleared and refreshed the USB ports in Hackintool - no change, the same ports show up, HS10 still missing.
Seems your EFI folder is using USBInjectAll.kext version 0.7.1 instead of the latest 0.7.7 that supports Z690:
Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 11.17.41 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 11.18.03 AM.png

Please download the attached version 0.7.7 and copy it into the EFI/OC/Kexts folder, then reboot.

Attachments

• USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 33
Hi @suren6791

I use the 0904 currently, I have yet to try the 1203.
XMP is on with 2 G-SKill 32G sticks.
System is stable.

Did you try with 2 sticks only ? I believe I have seen some posts with people having issues with 4 sticks.

@Sabzz, this is very easy, simply download the kext from the github repo, place it with the other ones in your EFI folder and reference it in your config using OpenCore Configurator:

View attachment 568406

You can safely remove the entry in "DeviceProperties" that is related to the I225-V.
Yeah, with 2 sticks XMP works fine, its a shame because the Ram kits are not cheap here, hopefully Asus fixes it soon

Hi @Jeson / @suren6791

I have the same motherboard, do you have any issue related to sleep / wake with the thunderbolt controller ?
I haven't encountered any issues so far. I only use a Thunderbolt external hard drive enclosure.

Thanks Jeson, if I recall you also had the Aero D, and I used your EFI, care to share the ProArt EFI. For me everything works except I cannot use the 1st Tthunderbolt port for my monitor. I need to use the 2nd one only.
I'm sorry, I have sold this Gigabyte Aero D motherboard.

Back