Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Ya the HS14 was showing on the list but for USB3 only while the BT card needs USB2.
Once I re activated USB2 on that port then the BT was working.
This is what mine looks like in Hackintool
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 06.43.26.png

Yep mine looks like this now
CleanShot 2023-06-26 at 12.38.12@2x.png

I safely removed the device property related to the intel I225-V and used the following kext to have a functional I226-V interface

>https://github.com/SongXiaoXi/AppleIGC

CleanShot 2023-06-26 at 12.41.07@2x.png

With this all devices are now working properly, which is pretty awesome !

Threre are 2 remaining issues related to Thunderbolt Controller:

1. When I sleep the computer and then wake up, I loose things connected to it. @CaseySJ would you happen to have an idea on what is going on ?

2. If my Apple Studio Display is plugged, as soon as the computer goes to sleep, it wakes up. I have seen this issue reported somewhere else and someone mentioning USB port mapping of the display hub but I am not sure what I am supposed to do. As far as I can tell, I have mapped all the extra hubs and selected the following 15 ports on the main controller.

ports_mapping.png

I found the attached EFI on this thread for the Z790 ProArt Creator. I updated it via Hackindrom to 0.9.3 for me and it works and boots my PC. This is the original I found so update it first. Below is where I found this EFI.

I have an ASUS Z790 ProArt Creator motherboard, and currently, I have installed Ventura. The system is running smoothly, and the Thunderbolt card is also functioning properly.

Hi @Jeson / @suren6791

I have the same motherboard, do you have any issue related to sleep / wake with the thunderbolt controller ?

I have an ASUS Z790 ProArt Creator motherboard, and currently, I have installed Ventura. The system is running smoothly, and the Thunderbolt card is also functioning properly.
Thanks Jeson, if I recall you also had the Aero D, and I used your EFI, care to share the ProArt EFI. For me everything works except I cannot use the 1st Tthunderbolt port for my monitor. I need to use the 2nd one only.

Hi @Jeson / @suren6791

I have the same motherboard, do you have any issue related to sleep / wake with the thunderbolt controller ?
I had issues with sleep but I added in the below in ACPI - Patch and my sleep issues got fixed, but I only use my monitor via Thunderbolt
Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 06.45.43.png

I had issues with sleep but I added in the below in ACPI - Patch and my sleep issues got fixed, but I only use my monitor via Thunderbolt
View attachment 568320
Where did you find that ACPI file ? I have looked at the EFI you mentioned and it was not there.

For reference, this is my current config:

ACPI
CleanShot 2023-06-27 at 16.16.16@2x.png

Kernel extensions:
CleanShot 2023-06-27 at 16.16.41@2x.png

Thanks in advance.

Ha yes thanks @Feartech, figured this 2mn after my post...
So I enabled that patch and the corresponding SSDT-GPRW.aml and now I can sleep properly with the Apple Studio Display, nice !

The remaining issue is that on wake up, I lose all devices connected to the Thunderbolt ports.
We are talking about the devices bundled with the Apple Studio Dislplay (webcam, speaker & microphone) as well as anything plugged on my CalDigit TS3 Plus.

I tried without plugging the Apple Studio Display at all and still loose the CalDigit once the computer wakes up.

@tlvenn Please provide the complete set of ACPI tables for your board MaciASL: File>Export Tableset…; OpenCore DEBUG: SysReport:true; Clover: F4 at boot) so that Thunderbolt experts could look whether there are some Thunderbolt-related event calls which could be hooked into, in addition to the General Purpose Resource for Wake. (These would typically be some cryptic _Lxx methods in the DSDT or, more likely, some auxiliary SSDT.)

Back