Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello All,

I have the Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi / Bluetooth Wireless Card, and all Bluetooth and continuity features work. However, I am still unable to get unlock the Apple iWatch working. I receive this message. Any ideas on how to get this working? I know @CaseySJ has reported his working, but does anybody else have this working too?
Man this brings me the nightmare I faced a few months ago, maybe two or three.

I had unlock with Apple Watch working on two Gigabyte boards and the Asus Creator. All good, but at the nth macOS installation it refused to work.
Anyway, make sure your read this post at macrumors (and, while you are at it, read all of the thread as there might be some other hints). I remember very well it took me a few attempts along with logging devices on/off iCloud before getting it working, but at the end I managed it.
Report back once successful :)

I would like to thank @CaseySJ once again for his time and effort in making the onboard Thunderbolt work. I just plugged in a 4 disk NVMe TB3 enclosure, and it just appeared on the desktop! :thumbup:

I’ve also been freeze up free all day as well. :clap:

A
I found a brand new Z690 ProArt at a very good price at my local store today. Can I use it with a 13th gen Intel CPU right out the box or will the BIOS update make it more difficult to hackintosh?
You're running a z790, if it's working I don't see any reason to go back?

I would like to thank @CaseySJ once again for his time and effort in making the onboardTthunderbolt work. I just plugged in a 4 disk NVMe TB3 enclosure, and it just appeared on the desktop! :thumbup:

I’ve also been freezeup free all day as well. :clap:
What OS and Thunderbolt 3 dock are you running?

What OS and Thunderbolt 3 dock are you running?
No dock. Just a OWC Express 4m2 enclosure I use on and off for stuff. It used to be annoying as my other hack was not working right with TB3 hot swap. This one just works.

Which I do not recommend unless you feel like modding the enclosure. The fan is ridiculously loud. I heavily modified the enclosure and a noctua NF-R8, and it is now whisper quiet. :shh:

You're running a z790, if it's working i don't see any reason to go back?
Second hackintosh?
I found a brand new Z690 ProArt at a very good price at my local store today. Can I use it with a 13th gen Intel CPU right out the box or will the bios update make it more difficult to hackintosh?
Z790 and Z690 with BIOS update for Raptor Lake have been found to be slightly quirkier than initial release Z690 for Alder Lake. But you're already on Z790, and there's a Golden Build for this particular Z690 motherboard so there should be nothing to be afraid of.

Which I do not recommend unless you feel like modding the enclosure. The fan is ridiculously loud. I heavily modified the enclosure and a noctua NF-R8 and it is now whisper quiet. :shh:
Mind that the loud fan was possibly there for a reason, and the quieter fan might not provide enough airflow for cooling four M.2 drives.

A

You're running a z790, if it's working i don't see any reason to go back?
@Sabzz @etorix I'm doing two separate other builds for my 2 brothers. Also I never got the Z790 to work so I'm wondering if the Z690 is a much easier process, especially if I need to update bios for the other 13900k (that we bought on sale at the same time). Thank all for your help.

Mind that the loud fan was possibly there for a reason, and the quieter fan might not provide enough airflow for cooling four M.2 drives.
nah... it was loud like the little fans in the routers and switches. they probably get them cheap. I have no idea how they expect anyone to put their enclosure on your desk next to your computer with that noisy fan. I have better cooling now and it's quieter, only drawback is I have to stand it up or place it upside down with the fan facing up. I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

It's nice being able to hotplug it now. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 4M2 fan mod.jpg
    4M2 fan mod.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 29
Back