Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

ok, thank you @CaseySJ. I have an apollo twin x, do you know if it works? i am on big sur now and i don't have any issues with that.

ok, thank you @CaseySJ. I have an apollo twin x, do you know if it works? i am on big sur now and i don't have any issues with that.
The Apollo Twin X should work. We do have some trouble with hot-plug, but if the Apollo is powered and connected before boot, it should be operational in macOS.

Have you tried the Twin X on this system?

i tried apollo only on big sur and it works. I didn't tried apollo with ventura.

last question. Can i update BIOS to last version or there are still issues?

Im using my Apollo Twin X on Monterey 12.6.2, hotplug works with both SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V1B & SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2. It just won't show up in Thunderbolt/USB4 in system report.

Edit: My question is, why do you want to update? Be sure that all plugins are compatible and work with Ventura before doing so.

hot plug workss??? wow
i'll try ventura and i let you know.

ok, so i installed ventura and it worked just fine. then i restarted the pc and apollo is still recognized but no audio coming out from the speakers. any idea about this problem?

ok, so i installed ventura and it worked just fine. then i restarted the pc and apollo is still recognized but no audio coming out from the speakers. any idea about this problem?
Have you updated to the latest UAD software?
If so, try hardware resetting the Apollo twin x, then reinstall the UAD software.

Have you updated to the latest UAD software?
If so, try hardware resetting the Apollo twin x, then reinstall the UAD software.
hard reset solved it. thank you

A little update. Apollo works only after a second restart. If I shut down the PC and re-power on, PC doesn't work. But, if restart it, it works. I already tried V1B and V2 SDDTs.

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, after the last update (Ventura 13.2.1 with OC 0.8.9), my system doesn't go to sleep anymore: neither manual sleep nor automatic sleep. Monitor just goes off but system is on. To be honest, since my first upgrade to Ventura from Monterey (direct update), I've experienced sleep/wake issues. Before Ventura, my system has always been gone through many sleep/wake cycles without any issue.

I've tried everything but no joy at all. As @CaseySJ suggested me, I've also tried to re-format again the Mac disk, made a fresh install from USB stick, and then restore my profile from a TM backup. Nothing.

Any hint is very welcome because I use sleep very much during the whole day.

the command
pmset -g assertions
returns this:
Code:
2023-02-28 11:47:48 +0100
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   1
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     1
   NetworkClientActive            1
Listed by owning process:
   pid 504(sharingd): [0x000008b9000189f2] 00:03:18 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "Handoff"
   pid 162(WindowServer): [0x0000000c0009816e] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "com.apple.iohideventsystem.queue.tickle serviceID:1000006f6 service:AppleHIDKeyboardEventDriver product:Apple Keyboard eventType:3"
    Timeout will fire in 600 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
   pid 266(cupsd): [0x000000030011800a] 00:40:30 NetworkClientActive named: "org.cups.cupsd"
Kernel Assertions: 0xc=USB,BT-HID
   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB creat=28/02/23, 11:13 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14600000 owner=USB2.0 Hub
   id=504  level=255 0x4=USB creat=28/02/23, 11:08 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14610000 owner=Keyboard Hub
   id=507  level=255 0x8=BT-HID creat=28/02/23, 11:17 description=com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver owner=BNBMouseDevice
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

and also: pmset -g log|grep -e " Sleep " -e " Wake " gives me:

Code:
2023-02-28 10:51:36 +0100 Sleep                   Entering DarkWake state due to 'Software Sleep pid=198': Using AC (Charge:0%) 189 secs 

2023-02-28 10:54:45 +0100 Wake                    DarkWake to FullWake from Invalid [CDNVA] : due to HID Activity Using AC (Charge:0%)

these are my setting for sleep:

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
sudo pmset autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset powernap 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset proximitywake 0
sudo pmset disksleep 10
sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 0

which are confirmed by hackintool:
Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 11.54.10.png
In the folder /var/vm/ there is nothing at the moment.
I've tried to reset NVRAM, clean disk cache, and many maintenance tasks but nothing has worked.

I've attach my config where I've just stripped my serials only.

Attachments

• config_089.plist
    39.4 KB · Views: 24
Back