Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

The kernel has been modified in Ventura 13.3, which also breaks AMD Ryzen patches. Because OpenCore patches the kernel to allow P-cores and E-cores to be used simultaneously (asymmetric topology), it's quite likely that those patches need to be updated. [..]
For the record, it has been fixed on 0.9.0 beta; I tested it earlier,

Maybe this will help. I don't have the motherboard yet, so I cannot confirm.

PS : I'm not advocating a CMOS reset for these problems, just pointing out the battery location (which is well hidden) and quoting the manual for clearing CMOS.

BTW, if you dig around a bit you can find this error (DGGR6 Long Training Failed!!) even on real macs. Haven't seen an identified solution though... Seems however related to GPU, but I'm no expert.

Thanks a lot for the CMOS battery location. I haven't changed it since I am still dealing with the GPU problem.It is clear that something is wrong with the GPU. Tried to dive into GDDR6 Long Training problem as well but could not find much about it. So yeah, hopeless, I have started the return process. Even if I manage to boot back to windows/macos, it still crashes now and then and puts me in the square one again. Happens even without any stress on it, super strange.

There is however some other problems with the board, which I am suspecting if it is CMOS related.

1. RGB header settings are not saved even if I set it in ASUS Armory Crate. Trying with OpenRGB, it says that it is not saveable to memory. So if I turn the PC off and wait an hour or so, RGB settings are gone.
2. The time... Even if I set it correctly, it is always changed if I wait same amount of time as I waited for RGBs. So yeah, the BIOS settings are not disappearing but time & RGB settings are not preserved. Any setting I might be missing?

@rethua I actually had the time problem in BIOS with 2 different boards in the last 5 years. I replaced the CMOS battery maybe 4-5 times each, thinking the new battery could be faulty, old, etc. It never fixed the time, and I never found a solution. My z490 xtreme, which is a +800€ board has this problem, and I cannot fix it for the life of me...Which partly explains why I am on this thread looking into a new build.

Hi @CaseySJ hope you are ok.

On my Asus Z690 ProArt running Ventura 13.2, successfully updated to Opencore to 0.8.9 (using HackinDROM). Now when I try to update to macOS Ventura 13.3 Beta, after the reboot my system hangs in the Apple Logo, and status bar does not move on.

My system is running SMBIOS MacPro7,1

I see that you were questioning people about this, but not with this SMBIOS. Do you think is same problem maybe?

Thanks

On my Asus Z690 ProArt running Ventura 13.2, successfully updated to Opencore to 0.8.9 (using HackinDROM). Now when I try to update to macOS Ventura 13.3 Beta, …
Hi, I am not CaseySJ but I might help…:
For the record, it has been fixed on 0.9.0 beta; I tested it earlier,

On my Asus Z690 ProArt running Ventura 13.2, successfully updated to Opencore to 0.8.9 (using HackinDROM). Now when I try to update to macOS Ventura 13.3 Beta, after the reboot my system hangs in the Apple Logo, and status bar does not move on.

I see that you were questioning people about this, but not with this SMBIOS. Do you think is same problem maybe?

Thanks

Hi, I am not CaseySJ but I might help…:
Hello @ummario,

@m4rk0 is correct. We need to either wait for OpenCore 0.9.0 to be released or download and use the interim build from Dortania, which is located here (only need to replace OpenCore.efi):

Click the red box:

Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 8.23.53 AM.png

This is the magic fix:

Screen Shot 2023-02-25 at 8.22.04 AM.png

Last edited:

Thanks
if you use OCAuxiliaryTools to update open core to 0.9.0 you can open OCAuxiliaryTools go to Edit click OpenCore DEV.than update opencore to 0.9.0

Hi guys, I have two fast question.

1. Has anyone find out how to enable Thunderbolt connection on Ventura?
2. I don't know what power cable I have to buy to power up my USB-c front port.

Thank you.

Hi guys, i have two fast question.

1. Has anyone find out how to enable thunderbolt connection on ventura?
Are you referring to Thunderbolt hot-plug? Most Thunderbolt devices should work if they're connected and powered before the system boots.

2. I don't know what power cable i have to buy to power up my usb c front port.
No power cable is needed. The front USB-C port does have some problems with stability so it's best to avoid it. We think it's a BIOS issue.

Back