Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Guys, I'm frustrated with the fact I can't make it to work.
So I got Z690, followed the tutorial, used the EFI, and got stuck on apfs_module_start 3005 and 3031.
I removed the m2 and put in another one. the same.
I tried to boot without any m2 or SSD, same error
Disabled the secure boot nothing, put on default, the same.

Tried many different config.plist with many variations of settings and so far nothing.
I created a boot drive with Monterey, tried to boot got a different message but get stuck as well.

I found this guy through google with the keyword apfs module start, but I can't figure out his solution.

Please, help me out.
I really need to make it to work. I'll follow any recommendations or guides to make it work.
If you have the build than me, please share anything.
Thanks

View attachment 560079
Have you updated the management engine?

Update: Just noticed you have 13th Gen CPU. Is BIOS 2103 the earliest one that supports 13th Gen? Currently traveling so my internet bandwidth is limited.

@CaseySJ Not really. The 1st BIOS version supporting Alder Lake is the 2004. BTW have you upgraded your BIOS to the last release? Are you using Ventura 13.1 at the moment? Do you consider safe to upgrade from Monterey? I'd like to go to Ventura but only if everything is stable so, please, share your advice :)

@CaseySJ Not really. The 1st BIOS version supporting Alder Lake is the 2004. BTW have you upgraded your BIOS to the last release? Are you using Ventura 13.1 at the moment? Do you consider safe to upgrade from Monterey? I'd like to go to Ventura but only if everything is stable so, please, share your advice :)
I believe I’ve been on BIOS 2004 since September. With 12th Gen CPU there is no issue upgrading to Ventura with this BIOS.

sorry @dehjomz, I don't know what is the management.
Can you give me a hint about what that is? Thanks

Update: I figure out this by google and I'm upgrading now.

Last edited:
Disconnect the USB of H150i, I tried few times, with different combinations, like no M2 installed, with thunderbolt off and on, I tried even with the h150i completely off.

About the M2, it's installed on the first slot (even with no m2 in any slot) and gives me the same error.

Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 9.12.41 PM.png

Do you think if I get an EFI folder from someone with the same hardware would be easier?
Another quick question? Were you able to see my previous post about an error on SSDT-EC?

I'll pass the whole weekend working on this I appreciate any help.
Thanks

Disconnect the USB of H150i, I tried few times, with different combinations, like no M2 installed, with thunderbolt off and on, I tried even with the h150i completely off.

About the M2, it's installed on the first slot (even with no m2 in any slot) and gives me the same error.

Do you think if I get an EFI folder from someone with the same hardware would be easier?
Another quick question? Were you able to see my previous post about an error on SSDT-EC?

I'll pass the whole weekend working on this I appreciate any help.
Thanks
I was on an airplane most of yesterday, starting a 2-week vacation on the opposite side of the United States. My previous reply to you came from somewhere above the clouds over Round Mountain, Nevada although there were no clouds and it was a picture perfect day to fly. :)

All: Due to the holiday break, my support here may be limited as I don't have access to any of my Hackintosh systems. I'll help as much as I can. Happy holidays and safe travels!

IMG_7917_resize.jpg
IMG_7926_resize.jpg

I believe I’ve been on BIOS 2004 since September. With 12th Gen CPU there is no issue upgrading to Ventura with this BIOS.
@Azimuth1,

Are you planning to try BIOS 2004? If you do, please let us know how it goes. The new BIOS updates appear to be causing plenty of headaches.

After checking a bit I have decided not to try with Z790 version of MOBO. Going with exact same build as @CatBus has (except GPU initially is RX580 since it is not in stock where I live atm), 13700k & Z690, parts will arrive tomorrow, I will be posting results later :) @CatBus, do you mind sharing which BIOS version do you use atm? Also eventually an EFI folder/config.plist? I am not sure if I would need to add/change anything for 13700K?

Nowadays a new version of LR Classic is out, v. 12.1. Are you using the Classic version or the Cloud version? Can you post the error it gives to you? Including some screenshots ... maybe they can be helpful in better understanding what's happening on your machine.
My system is configured as iMacPro 1,1.
I tried both classic ver and cloud ver they have the same issue, but lightroom ( not lightroom classic) and photoshop working normally. The problem is when you hit the develop tab then the error " An error occured when attempting to change module". Also you don't have the " Import " button in library tab, just have one " Export" button.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 9.35.13 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 9.35.13 AM.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 23
Back