Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Can this CPU change to intel i7 13700K?

Can someone help me with temperature sensors. I've tried several, but I can't find the information as if something is missing.
I went to read about it. However, all kexts are active. I'll put my EFI here, if anyone can help me how to fix this.
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 38
This does not match known values. If you actually have a 6900 XTXH or 6950 XT we need an IOReg rather than the EFI folder.
Is this what you mean? The GPU is an ASUS TUF Gaming 6900XT.

Attachments

• Big Mac.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 38
Is this what you mean? The GPU is an ASUS TUF Gaming 6900XT.
Yes. It is a genuine 6900 XT (0x73bf) but 'device-id' shows up as <00 73 bf> (THREE bytes???) instead of <bf 73 00 00>.
Capture d’écran 2022-11-11 à 10.56.28.png

I'm not sure what's going on here…
For a start, you may remove the "device-id" entry under DeviceProperties in config.plist.

Yes. It is a genuine 6900 XT (0x73bf) but 'device-id' shows up as <00 73 bf> (THREE bytes???) instead of <bf 73 00 00>.
View attachment 558032
I'm not sure what's going on here…
For a start, you may remove the "device-id" entry under DeviceProperties in config.plist.
That seems to be working. I'll test properly and get back with more information.

Thanks a lot!

That seems to be working. I'll test properly and get back with more information.

Thanks a lot!
My Windows option has disappeared from the OpenCore loader and no longer shows up in BIOS. How could changing the GPU device id in OpenCore config affect that?

** Update on Stability of Asus ROG Strix Z690-i WiFi mini-ITX System **

Despite increasing the speed of VRM fan, I continued to experience periodic total system crashes in both macOS and Windows. Thinking I may have applied too much thermal paste and the CPU was experiencing periodic heat-related problems, I decided to remove the CPU, replace the thermal paste, and reinstall it.

There was indeed a bit too much paste, but not enough to cause system instability. Nevertheless I applied a thinner amount, which actually led to reduced CPU temps.

Idle temps:
View attachment 551764 View attachment 551765

But those pesky total system crashes occurred again.

Although I ran MemTest sometime ago (for only a few minutes) with no errors reported, I decided to replace both memory modules with those from my Asus ProArt Z690-Creator. And so far the system has been solid, but I'll stress this thing out and report the outcome.

View attachment 551712

Update 1:
Just installed the suspicious DDR5 memory modules into the ProArt Z690-Creator and macOS crashed on first boot right after logging in. Now filing an RMA with G.Skill...

Update 2:
Over 5 hours on uptime now. No crashes.

View attachment 551718

Update 3:
20 hours without crash.

View attachment 551767

Update 4:
Over 26 hours now without a problem. Numerous sleep/wake cycles performed flawlessly. Case closed: Replacing the two DIMMs has solved the problem. Now I'm totally satisfied with my first and only mini-ITX build!
View attachment 551786
Tell me, what kind of monitoring program is in the screenshot?

Back