Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I have the the SN850X in my external enclosure, and it runs perfectly in MacOS within the enclosure.
Have you used it as an internal macOS boot drive in an M.2 slot ?

Thank you very much to everyone with the information above,

I bought the X, as our friend has already tested, and I will use it on the Z690 ProArt, I bought it directly from Amazon.

I still have a doubt about this video card if it will work well with HACK and Z690 ProART : Asus TUF 6800 XT Is anyone using it?

It's worth the exchange for the current 5700 XT I have.

Thanks,

The Acasis TBU401 being a Thunderbolt enclosure, the drive is directly exposed as PCIe device, as it would be in a M.2 slot. So it's a good sign.

Have you used it as an internal macOS boot drive in an M.2 slot ?
I'm using a SN850X 2 TB. On the latest Monterey, no issues whats ever. Real world performance is a bit better than my previous PCIe gen 3 NVMe drive. but the benchmarks and speed test have given me up to 6000MB/s transfers. I haven't had any sleep issues or anything like that as of yet.

I'm using a SN850X 2 TB. On the latest Monterey, no issues whats ever. Real world performance is a bit better than my previous PCIe gen 3 NVMe drive. but the benchmarks and speed test have given me up to 6000MB/s transfers. I haven't had any sleep issues or anything like that as of yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 10.49.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 10.49.22 AM.png
    278.6 KB · Views: 37
Great performance, thanks share. @rolotrealanis
What's the brand your RX 6900 XT ?

Hello Guys! with Raptor Lake coming out now does anyone have plans to test these new CPUs with existing Z690 configurations: i.e. Z690 ProArt i7-13700K?
I'm considering getting an i9 13900K.

Great performance, thanks share. @rolotrealanis
What's the brand your RX 6900 XT ?
Its a PowerColor Red Devil. I've had a 6800, 6800xt and this 6900xt. All from PowerColor, and they all worked with no extra work like other variations do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rag
Back