Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hi guys,

Should the Intel i255-V Ethernet Port work on Big Sur? I cannot make it work. It appears as connected but doesn't give me Internet access.

Hii guys,

Should the Intel i255-V Ethernet Port work on Big Sur?, I cannot make it work. It appears as connected but doesn't give mean Internet access.
Yes it should. Please post your EFI.

Last edited:
Hii guys,

Should the Intel i255-V Ethernet Port work on Big Sur?, I cannot make it work. It appears as connected but doesn't give mean Internet access.
If macOS says “connected” and it has a valid IP address, check if you’ve installed any firewall or Internet security software. If so, either configure that software to allow Internet connections or temporarily disable that software.

That didn’t change anything- still crashed . I have a z490 build I can borrow that nvme tmrw (with 12.5) and see if the behavior is any different. I could also install windows and check out all the hardware if you think helpful ?
Some questions/suggestions:
  • What is the make/model of your CPU cooler?
  • Which WiFi/BT module are you using?
  • Installing Windows or Linux is okay. We can check sleep/shutdown.
  • It may also be good to try a different memory module, such as 5600MHz. Ideally we should use only 2 modules.

Some questions/suggestions:
  • What is the make/model of your CPU cooler?
  • Which WiFi/BT module are you using?
  • Installing Windows or Linux is okay. We can check sleep/shutdown.
  • It may also be good to try a different memory module, such as 5600MHz. Ideally we should use only 2 modules.
Hi thanks !

MSI MAG CoreLiquid 360R V2 360mm RGB Water Cooling Kit - Black (is this OK?)
Fenvi WiFi/Bluetooth
I will install Windows and report back.
I think one of my 6200 memory modules is bad as the PC will not even start with two in it (will investigate further), but sleep wasn't working with two 5200 modules either.

MSI MAG CoreLiquid 360R V2 360mm RGB Water Cooling Kit - Black (is this OK?)
Is the CoreLiquid connected via internal USB 2 cable?

You mentioned earlier that this was a fresh Big Sur installation followed by in-place upgrade to Monterey. Is it still a clean install or has Migration Assistant been used to import an older system?

Is the CoreLiquid connected via internal USB 2 cable?

You mentioned earlier that this was a fresh Big Sur installation followed by in-place upgrade to Monterey. Is it still a clean install or has Migration Assistant been used to import an older system?
I don't think it's connected to USB but it says "JRAINBOW (ARGB)" in the manual (see attached pic) . Of the two USB headers only one is being used (for the Fenvi).

The Big Sur was a clean/new install, and then I upgraded to Monterey.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 12.20.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 12.20.41 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 33
I don't think it's connected to USB but it says "JRAINBOW (ARGB)" in the manual (see attached pic) . Of the two USB headers only one is being used (for the fenvi).
That looks perfectly fine.
  • AIO is connected to power supply
  • AIO is connected to ARGB header on motherboard
  • No USB connection

The big sur was a clean/new install and then I upgraded to Monterey.
@Lensjocky reported a similar issue with his Gigabyte Z490 Vision D. After replacing an AMD Vega GPU with Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, his system no longer sleeps.

In your case, there is different Sapphire card, the Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT and when you select Sleep, the system shuts down.

So we have 2 data points:
  • Monterey 12.4 / 12.5
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D --> Sapphire RX 6800 XT --> unable to sleep
  • Asus ProArt Z690-Creator --> Sapphire RX 6900 XT --> sleep causes shutdown
@tdcam, do you remember if sleep worked when Big Sur was installed?

When changing graphics cards, it‘s better to clear CMOS and reconfigure the BIOS.

Back