Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

After many years, OC 0.8.0 is finally adding a new quirk named ForceAquantiaEthernet for enabling our Aquantia Ethernet 10 gbps lan, for both the 107c and the newer 113c.

VT-D seems to be required to be enabled for the AquantiaEthernet patch to work properly.

works on 12.2 and 12.3 I presume ?

After many years, OC 0.8.0 is finally adding a new quirk named ForceAquantiaEthernet for enabling our Aquantia Ethernet 10 gbps lan, for both the 107c and the newer 113c.

VT-D seems to be required to be enabled for the AquantiaEthernet patch to work properly.

Unfortunately the newer 113C is only supported in Monterey and only if the device ID is 0x93C0 or 0x94C0 (and maybe 0x04C0). Otherwise we have to include a device ID spoof.

works on 12.2 and 12.3 I presume ?
I haven’t tried it yet. My internal 10 gbps lan adapter was working natively in Catalina without the need for a patch. But then when Big Sur came, apple changed certain checks in the kernel, so I had to resort to the kernel patch two years ago. I had asked the OC developers 2 years ago to implement a patch but they didn't take me up on my inquiry, but I'm glad to see them finally do so for the community.

I've since transitioned from an internal pcie adapter to a thunderbolt one with Aquantia 107C inside, and it doesn't need a patch. Would be interesting to test with the OC 0.8.0 quirk whether the Aquantia AQC113 on z690 will work in both Windows and macOS without the need for a cold boot before booting macOS.

Last edited:
I am using Sapphire RX 5600 XT, doesn’t work on 12.3
I am using ASRock Challenger RX 5600 XT, works fine on 12.3.

@faraway I also added the Intel Bluetooth kexts but OpenCore hangs on boot. Can you eloborate how you installed them or share your EFI/Config? I did valudate my config and it seems to be in order. I've not been using OpenCore for long I used primarily Clover before. So it's probably my inexperience.

Or could it be that it is working you are on Monterey and I am on Big Sur?
That kext works under Big Sur, but not Monterey.

Hello @CaseySJ, I figured the problem out by using ProperTree instead of OpenCore configurator. Now it is loading and working properly. Do you think all these kexts will work eventually in Monterey?
I certainly hope so. Although the developers have been working diligently on the Intel wireless networking driver (AirportItlwm), they haven't touched the Bluetooth driver since December 2021. So I think they don't feel any sense of urgency...

My CalDigit TS4 arrived today! Looking forward to some experimenting with it, but I must say, since receiving my new motherboard, TB has been absolutely perfect, always working (with the known limitations).

EDIT- Looks like there are some known issues with Thunderbolt on the Mac side of things baked in with Monterey recently published... Link

Last edited:
My CalDigit TS4 arrived today! Looking forward to some experimenting with it, but I must say, since receiving my new motherboard, TB has been absolutely perfect, always working (with the known limitations).

EDIT- Looks like there are some known issues with Thunderbolt on the Mac side of things baked in with Monterey recently published... Link
I've had the ts4 for several weeks. 12.3 was absolutely critical for Apple silicon. Fixed the stability issues. I was going to send it back but 12.3 saved the day. I like the dock.

With OpenCore 0.7.9 I'm getting out of range error on the GUI boot selection menu. This did not happen in 0.7.8. Any idea?

ProArt PA278CV, 1440p, 75 Hz.

Update: Solved by swtiching to DP from HDMI but would like to know the reason.

Last edited:
Back