Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

That's great @gandem ! I hope it's OK that I link to this post over in the other thread. Also, maybe I will add your SPPT in that other thread.

Actually, come to think of it, maybe we should start a new thread on "How to fix the Navi 12.3 slowdown" where the first post will be a comprehensive collection of framebuffers, SSDTs and PPTs that people have tried...
I probably should have posted that in the original discussion, apologies. Great find and group effort by many!

@CaseySJ Since your build also has RGB I am attaching with this post the nice Aureal app that offers a graphical interface for adjusting the RGB on our ProArt Z690 builds. Originally made and published by Joshua May on Github and continued by Aluveitie there.
With the help of my son who is app developer I cloned Aluveitie version and added the product ID for Aura Led controller of the ProArt board. And tata, this wonderful app is working!
So many thanks to both Joshua May for making this app in the first place and Aluveitie for developing and enhancing it further.
I'm so happy with your work here in the forum; it has made hackintoshing a breeze so I immediately felt the need for sharing it here.
This is very cool! I've been playing around with it... it doesn't seem to work on my case led's it's only working on my RGB cooler. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix that?

Has anybody else run into this quirk where BT cannot be toggled off/on in Big Sur? The toggles are grayed out and it's stuck in the on position. I'm using the Intel built-in WIFI/BT device with the Opencore 0.7.9 and BS 11.6.5.

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 13.44.50.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 13.44.31.png

Has anybody else run into this quirk where BT cannot be toggled off/on in Big Sur? The toggles are grayed out and it's stuck in the on position. I'm using the Intel built-in WIFI/BT device with the Opencore 0.7.9 and BS 11.6.5.

View attachment 544505View attachment 544504
that is common with intel wifi/bluetooth cards unless you have the intel kexts installed

Sorry I don't know what's causing that. In my case, the Phanteks Evolv X, my Arctic Liquid Freezer + the back Arctic 140 mm ARGB fan is in daisy chain connected to the top ARGB header then in the front 3 Arctic 140mm ARGB fans daisy chain connected to the second underneath header (closest to back of the case) and on the first header the case ARGB is connected. Everything is working and before I have also installed the liquidctl driver. Maybe your way of connecting the ARGB and/or your specific case could be a factor.
Here my case with Aureal Rolling Gradient.
I think I had my case LED controller in the wrong mode, it's working now!
Very cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I wish I knew this sooner, I was having loads of issues of issues with the previous version of Logic (even on my MacBook Pro) that I was desperate to update.

I ended up taking the plunge but it has caused me further issues which I can only assume are now hardware related

1. Wifi keeps disconnecting
  2. Bluetooth mouse is slow (Apple Magic Mouse)
  3. Logic Pro audio driver keeps disconnecting (UAD Apollo X8 Thunderbolt)
I assume it is OpenCore related but I'm a noob so it could be anything
Has anyone came into these issues?

When my UAD sound card disconnects so does my Wifi so I assume its a hardware / OpenCore related, I would really appreciate any help, it's driving me insane.

Has anyone came into these issues?

When my UAD sound card disconnects so does my Wifi so I assume its a hardware / OpenCore related, I would really appreciate any help, it's driving me insane.

I recall there being many reports of users having WIFI disconnection issues on their M1 Macs in Big Sur and Monterey. I wonder if it's related to the issue you maybe having. I'm running the built-in Intel WIFI/BT adapter, and I haven't run into this problem of disconnections. However my Logitech Pebble mouse constantly lags on BT connection but my Magic Track Pad doesn't but the Pebble has had this issue on actual Macs, too.

I don't run Logic too often but I was able to borrow a Avid HD Native TB interface recently and I had a hell of a time getting it to work through a TB3 -> TB2 adapter. I may be got the computer to recognize it 3x through some random reboots, sleeps and cold/warm shutdowns. I can't make any rhyme or reason out of it but it works fine on a real Mac so I don't know if it's a bad adapter or not since it's the only one I have so I can't swap it out.

If using AMD 5xxx or 6xxx GPUs:

Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 12.34.18 PM.png

After many years, OC 0.8.0 is finally adding a new quirk named ForceAquantiaEthernet for enabling our Aquantia Ethernet 10 Gbps LAN, for both the 107c and the newer 113c.

VT-D seems to be required to be enabled for the AquantiaEthernet patch to work properly.

Back