Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Thanks for your answer.
I have not installed windows. Do I need it to make thunderbolt work?
Aquantia working fine on Monterey.

But still on board thunderbolt is not working.
Coul you please tell me which SSDT is active in yor ACPI folder on clover (there are two of them)?
Do you have another card installed?
Which one? How?

Any othr clue? Number of reply to see how I should proceed?

Thanks in advance.
I'm using SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml as it spoofs the Titan Ridge controller (which os recognizes). Does the Thunderbolt controller show up under PCI in about this Mac? Also, have you double checked the Thunderbolt BIOS settings?

I'm using SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V2.aml as it spoofs the Titan Ridge controller (which os recognizes). Does the Thunderbolt controller show up under PCI in about this Mac? Also, have you double checked the Thunderbolt BIOS settings?
Does the Thunderbolt controller show up under PCI in about this Mac?
Thanks!
Yes it does. I can´t mount an old Thunderbolt 2 drive hard drive with an Apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter.

I have to check my Antelope Audio card.

Thanks again.

Hi all,

Has anyone run into any issues with Big Sur (11.6.4) randomly booting into a black screen on subsequent restarts of the system with this build? The only fix around this for me to get it to boot properly is to cycle the power with the power button.

I can't tell if it's related to my 5700XT or something to do with the USB bus because during the boot up process for the OS, the power for my keyboard and mouse seem to cycle off and on before I see the Apple logo but when the computer fails to boot I can see that the keyboard and mouse shut off but never cycle back on for the boot up to continue.

I've noticed this with 0.7.8 and 0.7.9 OC and the last 3 BIOS versions.

These are 2 screenshots of the boot up process in verbose mode. The blurrier one is when the OS boots up properly and the other one is when it stalls to a black screen. The output looks identical to me.

Anyone have any insight has to what this could be?

A242B436-2C34-44F0-84BE-84DC5EBF7040.jpeg
374B9E4D-2B45-4960-8DDE-BF3C128F45EA.jpeg

Hi all,

Has anyone run into any issues with Big Sur (11.6.4) randomly booting into a black screen on subsequent restarts of the system with this build? The only fix around this for me to get it to boot properly is to cycle the power with the power button.

I can't tell if it's related to my 5700XT or something to do with the USB bus because during the boot up process for the OS, the power for my keyboard and mouse seem to cycle off and on before I see the Apple logo but when the computer fails to boot I can see that the keyboard and mouse shut off but never cycle back on for the boot up to continue.

I've noticed this with 0.7.8 and 0.7.9 OC and the last 3 BIOS versions.

These are 2 screenshots of the boot up process in verbose mode. The blurrier one is when the OS boots up properly and the other one is when it stalls to a black screen. The output looks identical to me.

Anyone have any insight has to what this could be?
Hello @faraway,

I have not experienced this problem. Because this seems to be USB-related,
  • Which USB port map are you using? Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI will help.
  • Is XhciPortLimit enabled or disabled?
  • What are the makes/models of all USB devices connected to the system, including hubs (if any)?

My Alder Lake Gaming Build. With the Mac Studio ordered not really going to use this as a Hackintosh anymore but thought I'd share. Very Gamer-y :lol:
I usually leave the RGB on all white or off.

V7mb69L.pngrn8Xwg5.png

Last edited:
Is that case made by Lian Li ?

Yep the new 011 Evo. Has lot of different options like inverted layout, upright gpu, front mesh panel kit. Unfortunately my motherboard is EATX so there’s not enough room for the 24 pin next to the GPU (at least the 30 series strix card)

Very nice! Is that a photo in the front of the case or a LCD panel?

Thanks! Painted the motherboard and AIO white but didn’t want to paint the GPU since will probably sell it whenever the 4000 series comes out. Will get a white card then. It’s a 15.6 LCD monitor powered by USB. The 011 mini has a 14” that fits perfectly I think but the evo had to do some finagling. Used some weatherstrip tape to cushion the side closest to the side panel and then the monitor fit in pretty snug. Then used black vinyl to cover the top and bottom of the monitor to hide the open parts. It’s not perfect and may go back and fix it a little more but from head on you can’t really see the gaps

Use the monitor just for live wallpapers from wallpaper engine. Might add stats like cpu/gpu temps later on

Hello @faraway,

I have not experienced this problem. Because this seems to be USB-related,
  • Which USB port map are you using? Screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI will help.
  • Is XhciPortLimit enabled or disabled?
  • What are the makes/models of all USB devices connected to the system, including hubs (if any)
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 7.21.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 7.21.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 7.22.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 7.22.58 PM.png

I've experimented with disconnecting all of my devices except for the keyboard and mouse and it still happens randomly. This is a keyboard and mouse combo I've used with my 5,1 Mac Pro recently for a while without any issues.

Last edited:
Back