Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@m4rk0, happens on my Z790 aswell.

@Leesureone, so the recent Win11 update also updated/installed these two driver packages which could have very well caused the sleep issue in MacOS.
Screenshot 2023-04-04 170144.png

I've disabled 10Gb port in BIOS and no dice.
I'll downgrade these firmware and see if it fixes the issue.

Report back once completed.

@Leesureone, so the recent Win11 update also updated/installed these two driver packages which could have very well caused the sleep issue in MacOS.
View attachment 565405

The Marvell-Net-3.1.7.0 looks like a windows driver, that should not make a difference because it would be limited to the Windows environment. I'm on the Asus support page for your board but can't find any information on the "System-3.1.1.12.0". It doesn't seem to correspond to a BIOS update or ME (Management Engine Interface) which could

View attachment 565405

Cold boot? Also I realized I sometimes had issues with sleep in macOS (on the z690 Formula) unless I connected a USB device to one of the front panel USB ports. Once I connected a USB SSD to one of the front USB ports, then sleep worked fine. Go figure.

hello I unfortunately updated to 2305, without knowing the problem, is there any solution to revert. desperate here
and I have a windows only hd I can't start either

Attachments

• 91986E6D-D010-485B-8483-E26A9228373D.jpeg
    91986E6D-D010-485B-8483-E26A9228373D.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
hello I unfortunately updated to 2305, without knowing the problem, is there any solution to revert. desperate here
and I have a windows only hd I can't start either
Basically you need to what I did:
  1. Get a copy of current BIOS and target BIOS (.CAP file from official website is fine)
  2. Extract required components with UEFI-tool and IFRextractor
  3. Analysis with UEFI-editor, find the location of "BIOS lock" key value
  4. Turn the fuction on by modifying BIOS value temporarily with reformatted USB disk and modded efi shell, BUT rename the .efi to "shell.efi" and put it directly into the USB disk (instead of USB:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI by the instrctions from UEFI-editor page)
  5. Extract .ROM(raw BIOS image) from target .cap (File->open image file->right click section shown->extract body), and change the suffix to .bin
  6. Flash the .ROM file with Flash Programming Tool (FPTW) for ME 16.x
Detailed steps (1 to 4) and necessary tools can be found in the UEFI-editor page (with links to other tools, except FPTW for BIOS with ME 16.0.x, which I found here, and I attached the tool in this post for convenience).

(!!Check this!!!) For BIOS 2103/2204/2305 (as example): if you have current BIOS 2103, then after step 3, you can search "BIOS" in the left-bottom, and find "BIOS Lock". For 2103, it should look like this:

View attachment 565442

As shown, "BIOS Lock" have "VarStoreName" PchSetup and "VarOffset" 0x1D, enable corresponds to 1, and the lock is enabled by default. According to the instructions, you should type this before you type reboot (Size is 1):

sample:
setup_var_cv VarStoreName VarOffset Size Value

our case:
setup_var_cv PchSetup 0x1D 0x1 0x1

Before reboot, you can read the value for double-check:

sample:
setup_var_cv VarStoreName VarOffset Size

our case:
setup_var_cv PchSetup 0x1D 0x1

For the next boot (only), BIOS Lock would be disabled temporarily, so you can use FPTW for flashing. For powershell:

./FPTW64.exe -f xxx.bin

Warning: the value shown only applies to BIOS 2103/2204/2305!!! If you are using 2103, then you can copy the command code direcly; if not, you should analysis the BIOS by yourself, as the values may NOT be the same!

Note: strangely, IFRextractor fails to read BIOS 1720 and 9901. If you want to change from 1720 / 9901 to others, you can simply upgrade to 2103, and then apply the example.

If you have questions related, feel free to comment
Check this. As you have 2305 now, you can jump step 1~3, and copy the example command code directly.

@CaseySJ I think the section for downgrading BIOS maybe worth mentioning for many people. Theoretically this should work for all 12th and 13th-gen Asus motherboards (intel only). Just now I double-checked the procedure to get rid of mistakes (I'm crazily busy recently, and sometimes I get a little dizzy). I don't think this operation is too difficult for most people. Also I added an example so that 2103 / 2204 / 2305 users can jump several steps.

Last edited:
Hi all! I just built a Hack off of this build, and I got everything up and running. I am running into a couple interesting things with the build. I am having Thunderbolt compatibility problems. I can run my display off of it (LG 34WL850-W). But, if I want to run anything connected to the USB 3.0 hub on the back (mainly my keyboard), it doesn't seem to work. I'm assuming that's due to the 15 port USB kext.

Another thing I am attempting to do is OC. I got it stable to boot but whenever I try to run a Geekbench benchmark it kernel panics.

Any and all notes are welcome as I am new and ignorant. haha
Hello @rialbdc,

Are you connecting a USB 2 or USB 3 device to the back of your LG monitor?

I just updated OC to latest 0.9.1 using HackinDROM, everything went really smooth. I just noticed that it did not update all kext to latest release, is that normal? I did not find any option about that in settings.
Anyway, I did it manually and everything works.

I jumped in to thank again @CaseySJ and all contributing to this invaluable thread, making the process as easy as possible to everybody else.

Question: The exit from sleep process is longer than I remember it on my previous build, BT and displays take a while, like 7 or 8 seconds, to wake up. Is this the normal behavior or something is wrong in my config?

Reactions: ffk
I just updated OC to latest 0.9.1 using HackinDROM, everything went really smooth. I just noticed that it did not update all kext to latest release, is that normal? I did not find any option about that in settings.
Do you remember which kexts were not updated?

Question: The exit from sleep process is longer than I remember it on my previous build, BT and displays take a while, like 7 or 8 seconds, to wake up. Is this the normal behavior or something is wrong in my config?
Yes that’s quite normal.

These are the ones I found not updated:
View attachment 565538

These are the ones I use:
View attachment 565540
HackinDROM made a zip backup of the previous EFI folder. It’s most likely in the EFI partition. If you can make a copy of that, unzip and remove serial numbers, then zip again and post, that will help us to investigate further.

Back