CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use iMac20,1, which is based on a CPU with an iGPU, but as we know the iGPU on Alder Lake isn't working in macOS. Is DRM working for you out of the box without the need to do 'defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes' ?? For me, Safari isn't loading Amazon Prime or Netflix or even Apple TV. But everything works in Chrome... I'm tempted to try out MacPro7,1
I am using MacPro7,1 with an AMD rx6900xt on ASUS Strix Z690 DDR5 . I am also having DRM problem with Amazon Prime app and Safari not working. I am using DisplayPort on version 1.4 to my LG ultra wide. Would be great to know if any of the defaults would help. I might start experimenting the default values based on this page:

Update:
I just tried to enable all these defaults and restarted my desktop, and it didn't seem to make a difference:

defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCDecode -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDAVCEncode -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDHEVCDecode -boolean yes
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA disableGVAEncryption -string YES
defaults write com.apple.coremedia hardwareVideoDecoder -string force

Update #2:

I got it to work without any of the defaults above! It is related to my TV connecting to the HDMI port that broke the DRM. I did some experimentation where I have my TV Plugged in then turn on the TV at least once then DRM started working. Interesting enough, I can keep the TV off and DRM continues to work. Without detail testing my guess is after a system restart I probably need to turn the TV on at least once to fix DRM.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using MacPro7,1 with an AMD rx6900xt on ASUS strix z690 DDR5 . I am also having DRM problem with amazon prime app and safari not working. I am using display port on version 1.4 to my LG ultra wide. Would be great to know if any of the defaults would help. I might start experimenting the default values based on this page:

Update:
I just tried to enable all these defaults and restarted my desktop and it didn't seem to make a difference:

Update #2:

I got it to work without any of the defaults above! It is related to my TV connecting to the HDMI port that broke the DRM. I did some experimentation where I have my TV Plugged in then turn on the TV at least once then DRM started working. Interesting enough, I can keep the TV off and DRM continues to work. Without detail testing my guess is after a system restart I probably need to turn the TV on at least once to fix DRM .
You could try using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS instead and also adding shikigva=80 - it should help with DRM

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Shikivga flags doesn’t work anymore since Big Sur .
Well the command was still being shown on the Whatevergreen boot flags page, so I presumed it to be current.

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690 Creator WiF
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
I am using MacPro7,1 with an AMD rx6900xt on ASUS Strix Z690 DDR5 . I am also having DRM problem with Amazon Prime app and Safari not working. I am using DisplayPort on version 1.4 to my LG ultra wide. Would be great to know if any of the defaults would help. I might start experimenting the default values based on this page:

Update:
I just tried to enable all these defaults and restarted my desktop, and it didn't seem to make a difference:

Update #2:

I got it to work without any of the defaults above! It is related to my TV connecting to the HDMI port that broke the DRM. I did some experimentation where I have my TV Plugged in then turn on the TV at least once then DRM started working. Interesting enough, I can keep the TV off and DRM continues to work. Without detail testing my guess is after a system restart I probably need to turn the TV on at least once to fix DRM.
I downloaded the Prime app and tested on my ProArt with @CaseySJ's posted EFI. Running as MacPro7,1 both the Prime App and Prime video site (via Safari) are working fine on my machine without any other modifications.

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690 Creator WiF
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
I was able to reproduce this problem on Gigabyte Z390 Designare, in which I've installed a Gigabyte GC-AQC113C network card and enabled the AQC 113C SSDT.
  • With Ethernet cable connected, the system will enter sleep for about 2 seconds, then wake up.
  • With Ethernet cable disconnected, the system will sleep normally.
  • Even with hibernatemode, standby, and autopoweroff set to 0, the problem remains.
I am experiencing this on the Asus ProArt under MacOS 12.4 and 12.5 Beta3.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am experiencing this on the Asus ProArt under MacOS 12.4 and 12.5 Beta3.
That's strange. Does sleep work properly on earlier versions of Monterey, assuming you have an older version installed such as 12.3.1?

---
Both 12.4 and 12.5 beta 3 are public releases of Monterey.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Master
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
That's strange. Does sleep work properly on earlier versions of Monterey, assuming you have an older version installed such as 12.3.1?

---
Both 12.4 and 12.5 beta 3 are public releases of Monterey.
12.3.1 sleeps fine, the problem occurs in 12.4 and 12.5 beta3. I think it should be that Apple modified AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext in 12.4

I did a fresh install of 12.3.1 using another empty disk and using the same EFI, the sleep was perfectly fine, when I upgraded this test disk to 12.4 the sleep problem reappeared and 12.5 beta3 also has issues.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
12.3.1 sleeps fine, the problem occurs in 12.4 and 12.5 beta3. I think it should be that Apple modified AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion.kext in 12.4

I did a fresh install of 12.3.1 using another empty disk and using the same EFI, the sleep was perfectly fine, when I upgraded this test disk to 12.4 the sleep problem reappeared and 12.5 beta3 also has issues.
Because we're using a SSDT to spoof the Device ID of our AQC113C controller, it is possible that sleep/wake is broken because our controller is not natively supported.

Does anyone have a natively supported Aquantia 10GbE PCIe card?

If so, does that card also encounter sleep problems in Monterey 12.4 and newer when an Ethernet cable is connected?