Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Anyone tried OC V.81 yet? Any issues?
Yes, on everything but my ProArt Creator, which is still with Asus getting repaired (or hopefully replaced). No issues with HackinDROM’s auto-update.

Yes, on everything but my ProArt Creator, which is still with Asus getting repaired (or hopefully replaced). No issues with HackinDROM’s auto-update.
Hi Casey, can you please upload the 0.8.1 EFI for ASUS Z690-I if you updated it. Thank you

Hi Casey, can you please upload the 0.8.1 EFI for ASUS Z690-I if you updated it. Thank you
We can use HackinDROM to update OpenCore. I've added a link to the instructions at the top of Post 1:

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 4.55.23 PM.png

It's also advisable to make these changes so we can (a) Reset NVRAM and (b) Toggle SIP right from the OpenCanopy boot picker. These used to be simple checkboxes in earlier versions of OpenCore, but they've been removed. Now we need to make the changes shown below and copy the physical files to the EFI/OC/Drivers folder.
Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 4.52.41 PM.png

The files are included in the OpenCore download package on GitHub, but I've posted them here for convenience (New-Drivers.zip).

Attachments

• New-Drivers.zip
    24.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
We can use HackinDROM to update OpenCore. I've added a link to the instructions at the top of Post 1:

View attachment 549508

It's also advisable to make these changes so we can (a) Reset NVRAM and (b) Toggle SIP right from the OpenCanopy boot picker. These used to be simple checkboxes in earlier versions of OpenCore, but they've been removed. Now we need to make the changes shown below and copy the physical files to the EFI/OC/Drivers folder.
View attachment 549507
The files are included in the OpenCore download package on GitHub, but I've posted them here for convenience (New-Drivers.zip).
Hi Casey, I tried the HackinDROM app to update but it messed up the graphics on reboot. I may need to install files manually

Auto update via HackinDROM app worked well on the ProArt. Also made the additional changes. All working without issue!

@CaseySJ Hi!

I have another little problem: CPU doesn't show up correctly in System Info.

I correctly added the info in NVRAM section of config.plist but nothing... am I forgetting something?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 16.09.43.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 16.09.43.png
    360.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 16.22.10.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 16.22.10.png
    623.8 KB · Views: 65
@CaseySJ Hi!

I have another little problem: CPU doesn't show up correctly in System Info.

I correctly added the info in NVRAM section of config.plist but nothing... am I forgetting something?
Hi @Azimuth1

Have you set ProcessorType to 3841 in PlatformInfo —> DataHub?

@CaseySJ

I am looking to update from Monterey 12.2.1 to Monterey 12.4. My spec is same as your Asus Proart build Spec with your 0.7.8 EFI

Can you please correct my understanding regarding the update process?

1. Use Hackindrom to update opencore to 0.8.0
2. Add the new drivers
3. Use "Software Update" button from "About this Mac" to update to Monterey 12.4

My question is...are there any other steps that need to be done.. update any of the amls in OC/ACPI folder from your EFI 0.8.0 ZIP?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back