Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I kind of having a similar issue with you, the system sometimes crashes:
panic(cpu 5 caller 0xffffff8014fb205c): Invalid queue element linkage for 0xffffff95175c6b10: next 0xffffff9516bce900 next->prev 0xffffff95175c6b10 prev 0xffffff95155b40c0 prev->next 0xf7ffff95175c6b10 @queue.h:255

I was thinking it might be my CPU OC issue, but it happens even when I running on default CPU speed and voltage. I have read a note from somewhere that high-speed RAM is having issues with Bluetooth and in my experience that using the trackpad and BT headphones will easier replicate the crash. So I decided to run my RAM on 2400MHZ for a while to compare.

Now I see your comment here just wanna check what's your RAM speed under XMP? (I OC my 4*8GB DDR4 to 4GHZ before)
Finally got it fixed, no random restarts anymore. I did couple of things - downgraded Bios from 1403 to 1101, disabled Intel VMT in BIOS.

Hello,
I was following the topic to install my new hackitosh, but when I launched the installation on the boot usb, I have these two icons displayed and I can not do anything more.. Did I miss something in the config.plist or BOIS?

My build is approximately same of Casey :
- Asus ProArt B660-Creator
- Intel Core i9-12900K
- AMD 6800XT

View attachment 546856View attachment 546857
macOS by default has a limit of 15 USB ports, your motherboard, with its internal ports might have more than 15, so some that you may want to use get disabled until you do a proper port map.

so Ensure your keyboard and mouse are plugged into a usb port that is loaded and properly recognized by the system.

macOS by default has a limit of 15 USB ports, your motherboard, with its internal ports might have more than 15, so some that you may want to use get disabled until you do a proper port map.

so Ensure your keyboard and mouse are plugged into a usb port that is loaded and properly recognized by the system.
Ok! Can you help me to correct configure the config.plist, and which usb port to use ?

Attachments

• config.plist
    35.9 KB · Views: 37
Ok! Can you help me to correct configure the config.plist, and which usb port to use ?
We can only configure USB ports after installing macOS or from another operating system such as Windows.

In your case, simply use a wired USB keyboard and mouse. Connect them to different USB ports until you see that the LED on the keyboard and mouse is on. If the lights are off it means the USB port is not powered up in macOS, in which case try a different port.

Last edited:
We can only configure USB ports after installing macOS or from another operating system such as Windows.

In your case, simply use a wired USB keyboard and mouse. Connect them to different USB ports until you see that the LED on the keyboard and mouse is on. If the lights are off it means the USB port is not powered up in macOS, in which case try a different port.

Thank you, it's fix the problem, actually I plugged the keyboard and mouse on the front panel rather than the back and it worked, but after that now it stops on a gray screen ...

IMG_6596.JPG

Thank you, it's fix the problem, actually I plugged the keyboard and mouse on the front panel rather than the back and it worked, but after that now it stops on a gray screen ...

View attachment 546928
Please try the attached config.plist in which this change has been made:
Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 6.36.43 AM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    35.9 KB · Views: 27
Please try the attached config.plist in which this change has been made:
View attachment 546930

Yes, I saw this while searching the forum before, I already changed it to "Data" but it didn't change anything

For more infos :
- Monterey 12.1
- OC onfig v2.60

And I have this message when I open config.plist

Capture d’écran 2022-05-01 à 15.38.59.png

Yes, I saw this while searching the forum before, I already changed it to "Data" but it didn't change anything

For more infos :
- Monterey 12.1
- OC onfig v2.60

And I have this message when I open config.plist

View attachment 546933
Attached is another version of config.plist with the following changes. The warning in the screenshot can be ignored for now.
Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 6.59.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 6.59.18 AM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    36 KB · Views: 35
So, same problem, no change :(
Two suggestions:
  • Double check that the new config file is being used (that it has been copied to the correct folder in EFI partition of USB install disk).
  • Set SecureBootModel to Disabled if it not already disabled.
Remember to press F8 when Asus splash screen appears in order to open the BIOS boot menu, the. Choose the USB flash disk.

Back