Contribute
Register

Asus Z10PE-D8 WS - 2x XEON 2680v3 - Clover - El Capitan - System lags/hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to boot with npci=0x2000 as well as voodootscsync.kext in EFI/Clover/kext/10.11 directory

OP is reporting no need to prevent KP with voodootscsync and no change in behavior with it installed, for C612 - we're not just talking about a particular processor here. But people seem to be having different experiences on this chipset that are hard to explain.

Today I will try a Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 Gaming G1 instead of Asus GT740. Maybe it´s working better..

Cross your fingers! :)

Following two Console log files, which additionally are attached. Only opened and closed Ableton Live / Bitwig Studio.

Programs are still absolutely unusable.. :banghead:

Next time, please attach these type of log files. Embedding them in a post exceeds the post maximum line count which causes the post to be "awaiting moderator approval."

Next time, please attach these type of log files. Embedding them in a post exceeds the post maximum line count which causes the post to be "awaiting moderator approval."

Oh sorry.. :oops: Ok, I will do so next time.. :thumbup:

Thank you..

OP is reporting no need to prevent KP with voodootscsync and no change in behavior with it installed, for C612 - we're not just talking about a particular processor here. But people seem to be having different experiences on this chipset that are hard to explain.

Right! I have the issue of getting stuck at PCI Configuration Begin no matter what I try using an Xeon E5 V3 CPU with the C612 chipset.

Hello,

I have similar system and similar problem:

Asus Z10PE-D16 WS.
2x Xeon 2620 v3
4x 8Gig DDR4 2133Mhz ECC Ram
Nvidia GTX 780 TI

I'm stuck on PCI Configuration Begin, and can't reach the Installer.
Did you managed to fix this issue ?

Hi,

I have same board slightly different config:

Z10PE-D8 WS
2x E5-2630v3
Zotac Titan X
64GB ECC

... and using boot args below can't even boot to the mac install of El Capitan (it hangs on PCI configuration) ...

dart=0 -x -v nv_disable=1 PCIRoot=0 PCIRootUID=1 UseKernelCache=No npci=02000

View attachment 166147

I followed main guide from this page on El Capitan, UniBeast 6.1.1. I tried many bios combinations including disabled SMC, HT with various boot flags gathered from internet,...

So far I never passed the PCI config phase...

Can you please share your boot flags and what you disabled in BIOS for those? What are the kexts you are using? Anything that brings me forwards is welcome...

Thanks.

Does anybody know, why "Out of control with CPU numbers" in the Clover BootLog file is shown respectively what´s the reason? Please look the attached logfile..

I searched the internet, but found practically nothing..

Maybe it´s the reason, that my system is so unresponsive and laggy?

Thanks!

Attachments

• BootLog.txt.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 140
Looking at Clover code on github, which comes up when you Google that message:

Code:
      while ((ProcLocalApic->Type == 0) && (ProcLocalApic->Length == 8)) {
        ProcLocalApic++;
        ApicCPUNum++;
        if (ApicCPUNum > 16) {
          DBG("Out of control with CPU numbers\n");          
          break;
        }
      }
      //fool proof
      if ((ApicCPUNum == 0) || (ApicCPUNum > 16)) {
        ApicCPUNum = gCPUStructure.Threads;
      }

DBG(" CPUBase=%d and ApicCPUBase=%d ApicCPUNum=%d\n", CPUBase, ApicCPUBase, ApicCPUNum);

It appears that, as long as "ApicCPUNum=24" appears on the following line, this debug message merely indicates that an alternative method (the lines labeled "fool proof," above) of detecting number of virtual cores is used. Probably not significant. This has something to do with patching of MADT.

Thank you kylec! :)

Yesterday I've ordered a X10DAi, because Supermicro is supposed to offer the most compatible mainboards for a dual CPU Hackintosh. Hope it works smoothly..

With the X10DAi it´s almost the same.. :banghead:

But it connects automatically to internet, altough both mainbaords have the same network chip (Intel I210-AT).. :problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back