Contribute
Register

Asus Z10PE-D8 WS - 2x XEON 2680v3 - Clover - El Capitan - System lags/hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analogo, I don't think I ever heard, what was the result of Speedstep / SSDT -related procedures I referred you to before?

hi Analogo! did you resolved the problem?
i want to buy a configuration like yours ...
can you publish a guide?

Luke

Analgo, can you please post your entire EFI folder?

No morer post, you guys giving up?! No,....! Come on..!

About lagy system, try enable hyperthread in bios and inject Voodootscsync kext using clover ( have to moded voodootscsync base on your (cpus core x 2)-1 number in iocpunumber in info file). System lagy cause cpu working in un-sync.

this z10pe + cpu v3, some how look like z9pe + cpu v1. For turbo and speedstep, we need Bios patched + AICPM kext patched for cpu v3 + hackflatform kext + ssdt for cpu v3 + clover ( drop oem, disable SIP, SMBIOS 6,1 + RAM infos ).

I'm still have z9pa + cpu v1 and always stuck at pci configuration under El Capitan. As I remember that I saw a post where a guy said that he could used a npcxxx kext to bypass pci configuration begin long ago, but I can't remember where it is cause I don't have the board at that time. The kext will also disable audio and ethernet onboard, curtainly, but we can bring them back by dsdt later, curtainly. But, I still stuck at pci config where I tried evey boot flags, kexts and weeks to go through all 2 forum threads which more than 80 pages.......! Help please..! @.@ need get el capitan install and working with z9pa + e5-2670 which Maverick work perfect!

I would sincerely not recommend Dual Xeon builds as they much more expensive than it is useful.

I own a dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2680 v2 (25M Cache, 2.80 GHz) / Asus Z9PE-D8 WS / 128 Gb DDR3 ECC RAM / Nvidia GTX Titan 6Gb GDDR5 / El Capitan 10.11.3 build and i'm very disappointed with the poor performances / cost ratio of this build.

• Most programs are not optimized for this kind of build in their Mac OS version at least : After Effects / Première / Nuke and many other video editing or vfx programs use only 10 to 40 % of the processing available. Same thing with encoding software such as Episode / FFMpeg / Compressor etc.

• For Audio Workstations (DAO) the latency is way better on single CPU builds and ProTools and such are not optimized for this as well. I recommend single i7 2011v3 5960X and as much DDR4 non-ECC RAM as possible (128 Gb is possible with Asus X99-E WS).

• As GeekBench runs well and scores high (49500 with 20 cores / 40 threads) and uses all CPU cores I suspect it's just a matter of software optimisation and it's not system related. I think this build would make a terrific WebServer but who cares about Apple Server these days...

You have been warned : better buy two hackintoshes and have great support from the community than one big fat one that will drain your time and money for almost nothing.

PM!

I would sincerely not recommend Dual Xeon builds as they much more expensive than it is useful.

I own a dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2680 v2 (25M Cache, 2.80 GHz) / Asus Z9PE-D8 WS / 128 Gb DDR3 ECC RAM / Nvidia GTX Titan 6Gb GDDR5 / El Capitan 10.11.3 build and i'm very disappointed with the poor performances / cost ratio of this build.

• Most programs are not optimized for this kind of build in their Mac OS version at least : After Effects / Première / Nuke and many other video editing or vfx programs use only 10 to 40 % of the processing available. Same thing with encoding software such as Episode / FFMpeg / Compressor etc.

• For Audio Workstations (DAO) the latency is way better on single CPU builds and ProTools and such are not optimized for this as well. I recommend single i7 2011v3 5960X and as much DDR4 non-ECC RAM as possible (128 Gb is possible with Asus X99-E WS).

• As GeekBench runs well and scores high (49500 with 20 cores / 40 threads) and uses all CPU cores I suspect it's just a matter of software optimisation and it's not system related. I think this build would make a terrific WebServer but who cares about Apple Server these days...

You have been warned : better buy two hackintoshes and have great support from the community than one big fat one that will drain your time and money for almost nothing.

PM!
Thanks for posting this PM. It's what seems to be the case with many of these mega expensive builds that just don't
justify what you pay for one. The time and frustration factor is also an issue. Build a CustoMac to use it for what you
want to do rather than always having to fix problems that keep you from using it to get your work done.

Last edited:
Did you manage to get your system to work?

You should ask over here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/x...9pe-d8-ws-12tb-geekbench-28-000.58104/page-96

The Z9PE-D8 is often used, rather than the Z10 boards, since the Mac Pro is also a C602 system, using Xeon Ivy. Some people recently reported builds working, including Speedstep, over there. You're at first post though, so I suggest give some context with your question what kind of answer you want. What is your experience level?

With the X10DAi it´s almost the same.. :banghead:

But it connects automatically to internet, altough both mainbaords have the same network chip (Intel I210-AT).. :problem:
Hi,
I own a X10DAX, and I which to boot it with el capitan ; could you please tell me which version of clover do you use and finally which boot arguments ?
Thanks

Hi,
I own a X10DAX, and I which to boot it with el capitan ; could you please tell me which version of clover do you use and finally which boot arguments ?
Thanks

hi, php75

Your hackintosh's hardware list is very interesting. Is that works ?
If yes, would you please provide me your setting ?

koei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back