Contribute
Register

ASUS x99-e ,WS 5960x ,GTX 970 and OS X 10.10.1 Pci Configuration Begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your USB settings in the BIOS (XHCI / EHCI)?? What USB port did you use?

What are your USB settings in the BIOS (XHCI / EHCI)?? What USB port did you use?

Below are the common required changes,

1. Enable USB Legacy Support
2. Set xHCI mode as AUTO (Not SMART Auto)
3. Set xHCI Hand-Off as Enabled
4. Enable the EHCI Hand-off

Thank you Jithin!

Are there any other settings that need to be changed from the Optimised Defaults?

Also does anyone know why I would have problems with a GTX 285, GTX 480 or a Titan Black? Is either of those preferred for the install? I'm getting stuck at PCI Configuration begin with all 3 cards and have tried multiple combinations of npci=0x2000, npci=0x300, PCIRootUID=1/0 and -x and nv_disable=1.

Also does anyone know why I would have problems with a GTX 285, GTX 480 or a Titan Black? Is either of those preferred for the install? I'm getting stuck at PCI Configuration begin with all 3 cards and have tried multiple combinations of npci=0x2000, npci=0x300, PCIRootUID=1/0 and -x and nv_disable=1.

On which mother board you are trying to install the OS X?? ASUS P9X79 WS or ASUS X99 ??

X99-E, but I haven't updated my sig because I have 3 hacks and the x79 was my main one. I'll update it soon once I have it working. I've managed to boot now, I needed to use this guide and follow it very carefully ;

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/151067-5960x-yosemite-install-guide.html

All other attempts got stuck at PCIE configuration begin. This did the trick though and then afyer install it is key to follow the instructions and replace the necessary kexts from within the installer in terminal.

I will post a guide soon.

OP, did you get sound working?

Was this done with the older usb 3.0 asus x99E-WS? Or the newer USB 3.1 Asus x99E-WS version? And how does everyone like the board for OSX 10.10?

Sorry to ask like this but, does my pc is compatible?
i already checked the list and there are a few parts that i didn't find, so i got a little scared.
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX TTAN X
  • ASUS X99-DELUXE
  • OctalCore Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme Edition, 3000 MHz
  • Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2400C14
thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back