Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.7.2
CPU
Intel 980X
Graphics
ASUS HD 6870
Hi there I'm having some issues i would like some other opinions on.
I have been doing a lot of reading and research but i am stuck on this problem.
Something is not loading correctly and i dont know what it is.

I have to use all these flags -v -f npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1
This gets me to the 3rd PCI Configuration begin, if i don't use these flags i only get to the first PCI Configuration begin.
Anyone knows what this 3rd one is and how to get around it?

I have followed this installation process posted below and this has gotten me the furthest. (Instead of following the basic 10.1 thread)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/151067-5960x-yosemite-install-guide.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    968.2 KB · Views: 778
Did you make sure to delete the previous .kext files in /USB/Extra/?

Also because you are using an Asus board try updating the bios, I remember hearing there were issues regarding that.

Good luck!

Did you make sure to delete the previous .kext files in /USB/Extra/?

Also because you are using an Asus board try updating the bios, I remember hearing there were issues regarding that.

Good luck!

Thanks for your response, i did indeed uninstall the previous kexts from both the specified locations that were in your post. I have seen that 1 other forum member has installed this board successfully with the same BIOS version that i am using, but with another CPU (a xeon e5)
So i have been stuck at PCI Configuration begin for 3 days now :(
Trying all sorts of boot flags and so far none has helped.

-v -x -f npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 PCIRootUID=0/1, changed the SMBIOS plist to MacPro5,1 instead of 3,1 tried another graphics card = same PCI configuration begin as before.

Thanks for your response, i did indeed uninstall the previous kexts from both the specified locations that were in your post. I have seen that 1 other forum member has installed this board successfully with the same BIOS version that i am using, but with another CPU (a xeon e5)
So i have been stuck at PCI Configuration begin for 3 days now :(
Trying all sorts of boot flags and so far none has helped.

-v -x -f npci=0x2000 npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1 PCIRootUID=0/1, changed the SMBIOS plist to MacPro5,1 instead of 3,1 tried another graphics card = same PCI configuration begin as before.

The boot flags shouldn't be the issue. I would just try re-doing the entire drive creation.

The boot flags shouldn't be the issue. I would just try re-doing the entire drive creation.

Thanks, I've done it twice all ready, just to sure. Any ideas?

would u mind writing a full install process?
i also want to use 5960x and i am completely new................
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back