Not open for further replies.
I am very happy to have helped you.

I did everything from scratch.

1 .Gathered all the files:

your DSDT.aml
OpenCore 0.5.8 debug
All the kext´s from their repositories.
The two needed drivers for your build.

2. Compiled EC and PLUG SSDT´s using your DSDT.aml. ( which are exactly the same as mine XD)

3. Put every file on the right OC subfolder.

4. Grabbed and rename the config.plist from the Docs folder.

5. Open config.plist with ProperTree.
5.1. Performed a clean snapshot of the OC folder.
5.2. Followed the OpenCore vanilla guide for Broadwell-E taking notes of the things that may or may not actually work.
5.3. Generated SMBIOS using GenSMBIOS. (You should generate your own again for obvious security reasons)
5.4. Cleaned.

6. Save, compress and publish.

But that is the past, Now for the future:

You should follow carefully the post install guide.

Always use a Dummy USB EFI for every change.

If you use a second clover install and have problems booting back OpenCore , just clean Nvram from picker.

Have fun.

Excellent, thanks for all the clarifications @seevolas!

I initially did follow exactly the guide but for some reason I could never get past this PCI issue.
Right now the system is super stable, I fixed the iService, and gonna start working on the proper USB mapping too.
Very happy with the end results, my workstation is perfectly operating.

Thanks again for everything!
Cheers!

Thanks for your help @seevolas . I did try a couple of times your "EFI" folder with no luck at all, the boot stops at the same location as the screenshot on my previous post.

Maybe the build of the macOS Catalina I'm using (15.4.02 Build 18A391012)?

Thanks anyways !

Hi.
Double check your bios settings.
try cleaning your Nvram at boot stage from picker and if that wont work...
try making a new installer with 10.15.4
I double checked your SSDT´s and they seems to be OK.

Good luck.

Hello @dolgarrenan . Can you share your working EFI folder ?
Thanks
Here is the EFI I used for install based on 0.5.8, for some reason just with the OC quirks it wouldn't boot, I had to manually add some xcpm patches from @nmano for the install, once you are inside the system you can just turn off patches and use OC quirks. Perhaps we should try to contact OC developer to notify this anomaly?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
Hey everyone!

Out of curiosity @seevolas -- what ACPI patches are you using right now in your setup?
The USB mapping is quite a process so I am wondering if you could use yours, just to try out.
Apart from that my workstation is running flawlessly! Thanks again.

Have an excellent day,
Cheers!

Hey everyone!

Out of curiosity @seevolas -- what ACPI patches are you using right now in your setup?
The USB mapping is quite a process so I am wondering if you could use yours, just to try out.
Apart from that my workstation is running flawlessly! Thanks again.

Have an excellent day,
Cheers!

Here we go.
My additional SSDT´s + Patches + USB mapping.

If My map works for you, remember to disable the usb port limit quirk:

XhciPortLimit: No
  • This is actually the 15 port limit patch, don't rely on it as it's not a guaranteed solution for fixing USB. Please create a USB map when possible.
Also, Fear no 10.15.5 update.
Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 19.36.20.png

Attachments

• For Subdub.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 104
Here we go.
My additional SSDT´s + Patches + USB mapping.

If My map works for you, remember to disable the usb port limit quirk:

XhciPortLimit: No
  • This is actually the 15 port limit patch, don't rely on it as it's not a guaranteed solution for fixing USB. Please create a USB map when possible.
Also, Fear no 10.15.5 update.
View attachment 471962

Thanks a ton @seevolas !

I just integrated your AML/Kext/OC Config.plist patches and everything is working on point!
Excellent! Now I'll update to 10.15.5!

Have an excellent day and again, thanks for your help!
Cheers.

Update: upgraded successfully to 10.15.5!

Last edited:
Hi there.

Here we are with a new EFI for your machine.

General advice:

Use a normal USB2 or USB3 stick

I personally use a 10Gb install partition on the same SSD i am planing to install OSX

With that in mind...

1*

First thing for you to do:

***Reset your Bios to default ****

then. (Forget about overclocking at this stage)

2*

Intel BIOS settings
Disable:

• Fast Boot
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable both AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled) (You don´t need this).
Enable:

• VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode

3*

Boot to your installer drive.

You should see the picker screen at this point. ****Wait......Don´t choose install Catalina****

You are running Mac OSX with Clover on the same machine. That is very problematic. So, now:

4*

Choose CleanNvram. Restart. and...

5*

Now you can choose install Catalina........

I made a few choices On your config.plist that may or may not work for you.

DevirtualiseMmio: YES
  • Reduces Stolen Memory Footprint, expands options for slide=N values and generally useful especially on HEDT and Xeon systems
  • AppleCpuPmCfgLock: YES
    • Only needed when CFG-Lock can't be disabled in BIOS, Clover counterpart would be AppleIntelCPUPM. Please verify you can disable CFG-Lock, most systems won't boot with it on so requiring use of this quirk
  • AppleXcpmCfgLock: YES
    • Only needed when CFG-Lock can't be disabled in BIOS, Clover counterpart would be KernelPM. Please verify you can disable CFG-Lock, most systems won't boot with it on so requiring use of this quirk
  • AppleXcpmExtraMsrs: YES
    • Disables multiple MSR access needed for unsupported CPUs like Pentiums and many Xeons. Required for Broadwell-E and lower

IncreasePciBarSize: NO
  • Increases 32-bit PCI bar size in IOPCIFamily from 1 to 4 GB, enabling Above4GDecoding in the BIOS is a much cleaner and safer approach. Some X99 boards may require this, you'll generally experience a kernel panic on IOPCIFamily if you need this. Note this shouldn't be needed on Mojave and newer
If you experience kernel panics you should try checking this options one at a time until a successful install.

I checked Your EC and PLUG SSDT´s Use the ones on ACPI folder and do not add any other at least until Catalina is up and running.

Have fun.

Hi @seevolas
I try to install a new Catalina installation with opencore, and I use the @subdub EFI, but, it cannot display the picker menu and I can see the USB is blinking.

On the other hand, I try to change "OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode", but, it seem it cannot boot up my USB and I need to change back to non-OS

I try to build a new USB installation disk and do it again. Any hints to me?

Hi @seevolas
I try to install a new Catalina installation with opencore, and I use the @subdub EFI, but, it cannot display the picker menu and I can see the USB is blinking.

On the other hand, I try to change "OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode", but, it seem it cannot boot up my USB and I need to change back to non-OS

I try to build a new USB installation disk and do it again. Any hints to me?

You need to dump your own DSDT and SSDT´. Patch them. and follow the OpenCore Desktop Vanilla Guide.
Start with EC and PLUG. then the rest.
For the uefi mode in bios you need to remove the security key.

Once you have all your files, share them here for me to take a look at them.

Last edited:
You need to dump your own DSDT and SSDT´. Patch them. and follow the OpenCore Desktop Vanilla Guide.
Start with EC and PLUG. then the rest.
For the uefi mode in bios you need to remove the security key.

Once you have all your files, share them here for me to take a look at them.
@seevolas I based on your previous sharing for subdub's EFI, and I have dumped my DSDT, SSDT-EC and SSDT-PLUG, but, I am not sure how to patch for it.
Moreover, how to remove the BIOS security key? I have followed KGP to patch my BIOS already.

Now, my 10.15.5 system can be boot up thru Clover without any issue, but, I want to switch to opencore for future compatibility.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 105
  • DSDT.aml
    217.6 KB · Views: 70
Hello friends. I was finally able to instal and boot perfectly using clover and Catalina 10.15.3 using this EFI folder. I will try to use OC again this week. Thanks alot again !!

Attachments

• EFI_CLOVER_ASUS_X99-A-II_10.15.3.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back