Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chameleon hasn't been updated by the Dev in a long time. Do I use the official .pkg, or is there a new version elsewhere?
Chameleon 2.2 svn r2377 latest trunk pkg

Hang in there...MacMan is currently working on an update of Chimera.

Hey shilohh, can you help me get a patched copy of 4808, because PMPatch doesn't work for me. Just says it can't find anything it needs to patch. Also, I got your PM, I cannot reply because I only have 24 posts. I'm currently using another tool that can't be mentioned here... install worked great, just stuck on boot because of my 3 GPUs, I have to fully remove them, not just disable them. I'm going to do that tonight and see if that helps. If not, I'll give Unibeast another shot, and see if I can get this resolved. Don't know why there's so many issues.

Hey shilohh, can you help me get a patched copy of 4808, because PMPatch doesn't work for me. Just says it can't find anything it needs to patch. Also, I got your PM, I cannot reply because I only have 24 posts. I'm currently using another tool that can't be mentioned here... install worked great, just stuck on boot because of my 3 GPUs, I have to fully remove them, not just disable them. I'm going to do that tonight and see if that helps. If not, I'll give Unibeast another shot, and see if I can get this resolved. Don't know why there's so many issues.
According to Asus's website, 4804 is the latest official release. 4802 and 4804 are PM unlocked and I suspect all future versions will be too.

Did chameleon solve your other issues?

Oh that's awesome. So getting speedstep should be easy. Originally, Chameleon didn't help because I used the wrong version, so it KP'd my system at boot. Chameleon comes with the tool I cannot mention here, and if that works, I'll keep it. If not, I'll try Unibeast again. I'll let you know if it works.

Hey guys!

So me and my friend have built a Hackintosh using this motherboard and processor. We are using 64GB of Gskill RAM OC to 1866. The processor is OC at 4.2.

We have followed this guide/thread very closely throughout the entire process. Currently everything is working very well except for some USB functionality and sleep. We have USB 3.0 working with the Caldigits kext but when multiple 2.0 or 3.0 drives are plugged in, the computer will not recognize them and will not mount. I used shilohh’s custom DSDT tutorial as well. I think there is a power issue using bus powered external USB drives. Wondering if someone could shed some light on this matter.

Also when I put the computer to sleep the monitors turn off however the computer never stops running. Also it becomes unresponsive. I’ve tried different apps and kexts to try and make it sleep properly but with no luck.

Thanks!

Hey guys!

So me and my friend have built a Hackintosh using this motherboard and processor. We are using 64GB of Gskill RAM OC to 1866. The processor is OC at 4.2.

We have followed this guide/thread very closely throughout the entire process. Currently everything is working very well except for some USB functionality and sleep. We have USB 3.0 working with the Caldigits kext but when multiple 2.0 or 3.0 drives are plugged in, the computer will not recognize them and will not mount. I used shilohh’s custom DSDT tutorial as well. I think there is a power issue using bus powered external USB drives. Wondering if someone could shed some light on this matter.

Also when I put the computer to sleep the monitors turn off however the computer never stops running. Also it becomes unresponsive. I’ve tried different apps and kexts to try and make it sleep properly but with no luck.

Thanks!
Not sure about your USB issue. It is possible to give the USB ports different power via dsdt edits but without being hands on, it might be an exercise in futility. Also, there are different firmware quirks between some some manufacturer's drives.

It is possible that your OC goes unstable at sleep especially if you're using offsets. Try saving your OC as a profile (so you can revert) and load optimized defaults to test if you OC voltage may be the culprit. 64gb ram may require higher voltages. Also, connected USB devices and network connections(screen/file sharing) can effect sleep but will usually just keep the machine from sleeping. See my previous posts.

Hey guys, I know I'm hopping on a bit late... But I have a few questions.

My current machine is:
Rampage IV Extreme
GTX580
GTX780
1tb (soon to be ML Boot drive)

If I roll the bios back to the recommended 3602, will that screw up anything on my windows drive?

Secondly, looking to install Mountain Lion, rather than Mavericks... Is the guide the same regardless? Do you still have the ML guide somewhere? And obviously, I will use Unibeast for the flash drive installation: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Thanks!

M

If I roll the bios back to the recommended 3602, will that screw up anything on my windows drive?

Secondly, looking to install Mountain Lion, rather than Mavericks... Is the guide the same regardless? Do you still have the ML guide somewhere?
You want to use 4206 for the 3930K. If you're planning on engaging OS X controlled CPU speedstep, you'll need to use 4802 or 4804 or the patched 4206 (tricky and dangerous to install but we have 2 bios chips so it's not that dangerous) I provided on the speedstep guide. The way you set your BIOS will effect windows but it won't screw anything up.

This guide in it's current state should work fine for 10.8.5, just use the proper tools for that OS. Make sure that you use the newest multibeast to install the network and fakesmc kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back