Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
shilohh said:
shilohh said:
stefanhuberfilms said:
Thanks for your help!
could you post the link to the mentioned DSDT here? i can't find it :? ... regards Stefan

download/file.php?id=31881

3rd post down on page 12 of this thread.

Thank you for helping when I was lost.

Shiloh

Oh and remember that the whole point of using this DSDT is so that you can move your GPU to slot1 (the default location for your primary GPU)
tried your DSDT yesterday, i can now use my GFX on Slot 1, but no fullscreen on boot yet... :( everything else just working like before...

Hey guys, been super busy USING the hackintosh doing a couple of commercials, and planning an upgrade to my other hackintosh, which runs Pro Tools HD cards (PCI-X). Planning on doing a full i7 upgrade to that one soon as well, but I promise a full report of this machine in the next couple of days. I was able to get the Blackmagic card to work, and I'll detail what was involved along with other issues along the way. I feel really fortunate to have this community here and intend to give back as much as I can. Needless to say this machine is amazing and got me through 3 weeks of seriously intense video work.

Looking forward to speaking with all of you soon!

Thanks so much for this thread. It's an awesome resource. Just FYI, as I saw someone ask before, the build costs approximately $2400 when adding up the linked prices. It doesn't include a donation to Tonymacx, (which I recommend) or the other components MK500 already owned.

New here, I have a brief question for MK500 or whoever might be able to help. I believe this is definitely the build for me, as I'm looking for a work-hoarse for 4K editing, and encoding. I am interesting in OC'ing the 3930k, however nothing extreme. I just want something faster but still very stable. You mention on page 1 of this thread that this is the primary reason behind your selection of MOBO. However, most could get away with a less expensive, easier to install MOBO if they were not interested in OC'ing. Can't I purchase a different MOBO and still have a mild but stable OC? Also, does this MOBO play a big part in your 20K+ Cinibench(sp?) score, if so I would probably buy it for that alone. Lastly, I read a review from a buyer on Amazon stating a lot of people had been posting that these boards were showing up damaged, (bent pins)? Obviously, your happy with build, but what was your experience with the packaging/shipping of the part.

Thanks for your time.

stefanhuberfilms said:
tried your DSDT yesterday, i can now use my GFX on Slot 1, but no fullscreen on boot yet... :( everything else just working like before...
The apple logo screen looks low res? Do you have full resolution once booted? Is QE enabled? Not positive I fully understand what is malfunctioning.

stefanhuberfilms said:
btw, has anyone tried getting full resolution boot with an gtx 570? i can't find a solution anywhere, found a few things but don't know how they are working together with the new combo opencl enabler from multi beast...

The boot screens are not at full resolution. They should go to full rez once you hit the login screen, but until then they will be at the lower resolution (probably 1024x768)

stefanhuberfilms said:
I'm a little afraid installing a new DSDT, since the only purpose of this machine is my work... don't want to reinstall everything if a crash happens... could you maybe post your smbios.plist here? maybe that issue is caused by missing code...

thanks

I HIGHLY recommend having a second HD that you clone your system drive to on a regular basis and definitely before installing any updates or trying something like this. If your livelihood depends on the machine, you DEFINTELY need to be doing this. Since you can loose a HDD from a wide variety of issues.

Carbon Copy Cloner works like a peach and it's free (you can make a donation if you like).

The cloning process does not copy the boot loader though so you will need to re-install that before you can boot off of it. Not sure how well things handle having multiple boot loaders install. I've had problems sometimes, but not others.

ggeorge said:
I HIGHLY recommend having a second HD that you clone your system drive to on a regular basis and definitely before installing any updates or trying something like this. If your livelihood depends on the machine, you DEFINTELY need to be doing this. Since you can loose a HDD from a wide variety of issues.

Carbon Copy Cloner works like a peach and it's free (you can make a donation if you like).

The cloning process does not copy the boot loader though so you will need to re-install that before you can boot off of it. Not sure how well things handle having multiple boot loaders install. I've had problems sometimes, but not others.

Agreed! I always have a clone of my work machine and CCC is great. Looked in the themes folder. There is a background that is 1200 x 800.

shilohh said:
ggeorge said:

Agreed! I always have a clone of my work machine and CCC is great. Looked in the themes folder. There is a background that is 1200 x 800.

i will setup an 6TB raid in near future so then there will be enough space for cloning my hd... i will definiteley try CCC, thanks!
ok, yes i do have those 1024x768 or whatnot... not fullscreen with approximately 1" space around my apple boot screen, it's no super duper must have, maybe i'll check that out if my hd's are "raided"...

Anybody else noticing lower geekbench scores with 10.7.4 than 10.7.3? I'm getting a consistent 1,000 points lower in 10.7.4. Thinking I'm gonna backtrack to 10.7.3.

stefanhuberfilms said:
ok, yes i do have those 1024x768 or whatnot... not fullscreen with approximately 1" space around my apple boot screen, it's no super duper must have, maybe i'll check that out if my hd's are "raided"...
I notice the black frame when using an HDTV for a monitor. It goes away when the OS loads and the System Prefs/Displays settings takes over. There is a check box labeled Overscan. When checked, it eliminates the black frame, but unchecked, the black frame will be there even after the OS loads. I think, in Lion, it is checked by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back