Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K | Radeon HD 7970 Ghz 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions for the GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi Board w/ an MSI Radeon 7970 Afterburner (R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC) ?
I basically just get all the gibberish during the bootloader. Would the "FAT" partition and GraphicsEnabler=No be enough? I originally installed with a GTX 670 FTW.

First off. You friggen blew My mind with this thread.

I spent hours and hours a long time ago trying to get my rampage III to run with a 5770. Long story short I gave up and moved on.
I came across this post by way of google while researching some errors I had with my new Rampage IV.

Needles to say you have rekindled my curiosity and planning to star this weekend all over again to get me a dual booting hackintosh.

Excellent work man, hopefully I can get mine to run
I have a rampage IV, asus 7970 and an i7 3820.
Wish me luck and again amazing job.

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to mention:

Updated build for OS X 10.8.4, Unibeast 2.0.1 and MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.3.1

Note that I have not updated this build for the newest BIOS; so you must use the version I specified for DSDT compatibility. I'll have to work with Shiloh to build a new DSDT for the new BIOS eventually.

jayrodathome: Thanks for the kind words! I'm not sure if there is anything special for your CPU. The only thing I can think of is that you might need a different version of the VoodooTSCSync. I would just try my procedure as-is on a clean drive (no other drives connected) and see how it goes. I tested just a couple days ago on a new SSD and the build worked great.

Any suggestions for the GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi Board w/ an MSI Radeon 7970 Afterburner (R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC) ?
I basically just get all the gibberish during the bootloader. Would the "FAT" partition and GraphicsEnabler=No be enough? I originally installed with a GTX 670 FTW.

Yes. Read the FAQ at the end of my build. The FAT partition + bootloader change is the fix for the garbled text.

Amazing with all you work and documentation MK500. And even more for all your kind replies to people. It's my first time here. I've been reading a lot of post now (especially yours).
Figured out that I hadn't read close enough, so I see now that 4 screens will be available.

Only one question remains.
- Will I have to have a 1000W power supply? right now it's just a Aerocool E80 600W

Would two 7970's work/be compatible?

Also do they have to be the GHz edition? The "non GHz" edition/version is around $100 less, two of them would cost right around $600 versus close to $800 for two GHz cards.

Thank you for the very detailed and EXTREMELY helpful (selfless) guide - invaluable info much appreciated.

Would two 7970's work/be compatible?

Also do they have to be the GHz edition? The "non GHz" edition/version is around $100 less, two of them would cost right around $600 versus close to $800 for two GHz cards.

Thank you for the very detailed and EXTREMELY helpful (selfless) guide - invaluable info much appreciated.

Thank you for the kind words! I have spent quite a bit of time on the guides and extra equipment for testing; and I'm not always sure anyone cares...so positive feedback is always appreciated. If you click that recommend button on the guide it will make me feel special ;-)

I believe two cards (of the same type) will work. There may be a need for a custom DSDT to make it work. Look for Shilohh's excellent guide on making the DSDT.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/9233...eme-x79-guide-extract-edit-your-own-dsdt.html

Ghz edition is not necessary. There is a list of cards people have tested here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/92952-list-confirmed-radeon-hd-7xxx-series-10-8-3-a.html

Sweet, thanks for the links. Button clicked (well deserved). Your post is extremely helpful (especially for someone like me) Id be lost without it. thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back