Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K | Radeon HD 7970 Ghz 3GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a different one. DSDT is motherboard and version of BIOS specific. You can look at Shilohh's DSDT guide for creating your own if you like.

You primarily need a DSDT that supports sleep so that you can use the sleep trick. There is now another workaround other than the sleep trick for getting 7xxx cards working. So if you have a working DSDT for your board, you may be able to use this instead of sleeping. See here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...hd-7xxx-graphics-testing-thread-new-post.html

You need a different one. DSDT is motherboard and version of BIOS specific. You can look at Shilohh's DSDT guide for creating your own if you like.

-------------------------------------------------------

What machine (MAC x.x) profile are you using please?

Ritey

Latest one moutain lion 10.8.3

I thought maybe you know te proper dsdt for this combination?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/9233...e-x79-guide-extract-edit-your-own-dsdt-2.html
I found this link about making your own dsdt, but this one is optimized for asus rampage extreme. And I really dont know where to make changes to make it appropriate for the sabertooth x79.

Another question in mulitbeast there is the option "system definitions". I see you didn't choose one what are the cons and pros for choosing one?

In Customization>Boot option there is the option "Use Kernelcache" what is this.

MultiBeast uses MacPro3,1 as the default System Definition for EasyBeast and "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" as documented on page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document. The default SysDef works best while getting OS X installed and working.:thumbup:

MultiBeast uses MacPro3,1 as the default System Definition for EasyBeast and "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" as documented on page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document. The default SysDef works best while getting OS X installed and working.:thumbup:

----------------------------------------------

Do you use the MP 3.1 on your Z77-DS3H?

----------------------------------------------

Do you use the MP 3.1 on your Z77-DS3H?
Yes. Only my Zorro system uses MacMini5,1 (Sandy Bridge i5 processor) because I'm using HD3000 to drive two monitors. The Ivy Bridge systems don't need the MacMini SysDef to drive two monitors.

Yes. Only my Zorro system uses MacMini5,1 (Sandy Bridge i5 processor) because I'm using HD3000 to drive two monitors. The Ivy Bridge systems don't need the MacMini SysDef to drive two monitors.

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. I am switching over to the GA-Z77X-UD5H this weekend.

Ritey

Thanks MK500, Shilohh and all the other geneses out there. I have been following your threads for about 4 months now. The R4E will be my 3rd build and though it wasn't the smoothest for me. I've learned the most and am the most please with the end result. Its been running stably for almost 4 months.

For the past year I have been running a six display setup off dual HD 6870's in my home studio/office. Embarrassingly, I purchased an ASUS HD 7970 when I built my first hackintosh. I hadn't done enough research and there was no support for them at that time. But after I saw your link to this thread I really wanted to build it. So I started over and followed this new guide. It was very easy to follow and in no time, I was up and running... better than ever!

I'm having display issues and I'm hoping maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have the ASUS HD7970 Direct CU II. I was initially only able to get two displays up and running. This hardware does supports six displays. (DVI ports x2, Display ports x4) I spoke with tech support at ASUS and he assured me that I wasn't going to need any MST Hubs. It will run them natively.

I was initially only able to get two displays to work (One display port, one DVI). But after changing org.chamelion...plist to include:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>6</string>

I've now got all four of my Display Ports operating in full resolution, but no DVI ports! This is the last issue for me to iron out. How do I get my last two displays up? I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks again!!! You guys make my world a better place!

Thanks for the kind words Supe79. I have a feeling you will need to customize your DSDT to get that card working as expected. You can start with the one included in my 7970 build and see if you can tweak it using the tools in shilohh's DSDT editing post. Unfortunately I'm not the best expert on DSDT modification. Maybe shilohh will chime in.

As an aside; your profile image is sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back