Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Pro - Can't install El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I can't get the USB3 (ASMedia 1042) working with a P9X79 Pro. I tried with latest Rehabman kext with no success. Everything else is OK.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Hey,
Did you ever figure out how to boot to El capitan?
I'm struggling because i keep getting the "circle of death" and i'm not getting to the installation screen.
My Build is:
Asus Sabertooth x79 M/B
OCZ Vertex SSD 120GB
NVIDIA GTX 760.

I tried using npci=0x2000, cpus=1, -v and none of those boot flags work.
Do you have any suggestions?

Hey,
Did you ever figure out how to boot to El capitan?
I'm struggling because i keep getting the "circle of death" and i'm not getting to the installation screen.
My Build is:
Asus Sabertooth x79 M/B
OCZ Vertex SSD 120GB
NVIDIA GTX 760.

I tried using npci=0x2000, cpus=1, -v and none of those boot flags work.
Do you have any suggestions?
Hello,

Flags for Ei Capitan USB boot key:
cpus=1 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Flags for Ei Capitan first boot HDD:
dart=0 darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 nv_disable=1

Flags for Ei Capitan second boot HDD:
dart=0 darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Good luck.

Hello,

dart=0 darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Good luck.

The GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No boot flag is for the Chimera boot loader, not valid in Clover.

Hello,

Good luck.

I tried the boot flags you mentioned and a screen popped up with the apple logo and a progression bar. It always seem to bring up the circle of death when the progression bar reaches halfway.
I'm trying to do a clean install of El Capitan for 3 days now and it always results to the same thing. Any other suggestions? btw i appreciate you answering back!

Did you format your drive before OS install? Are you following http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...itan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/? This boot flag sequence worked for me....
cpus=1 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 dart=0. Report back!
My drive is completely formatted and i initially followed the instructions from the link you posted. However, i do notice that when the apple logo comes on with the progression bar, my usb stick seems to turn off. I know this because the usb stick has a light on it and if there's no power, it turns off. I think this means the usb ports are disabled. any ideas or other suggestion?

I see. Well, I never had that problem. Although, my USB stick was alway plugged in the front USB 2 ports of my case.

So you have never gotten to the desktop booting from USB stick? I did get the circle of death once after the install. I do not know what I did to fix it.

Did you try all of your UBS 2 ports?

I wonder if it is your BIOS or USB settings in your BIOS...I know my BIOS is super old!

Tell me where you are at? Did you install Clover?

Lucius, GraphicsEnabler=No is not a Clover command!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back