Contribute
Register

Asus X550LB Installer is too fast/in fast-forward, won't boot after install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/87342-dpcimanager-1-5-open-beta-6.html#post771931

You can also use MSRDumper.kext or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.

Requires DSDT/SSDT patches. See this thread for how it is done on the ProBook: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/118047-help-disable-hd-7650m-dsdt.html. Same technique (calling _OFF() from _INI) applies to nvidia or Radeon.

You might search for a patched AppleHDA for ALC233. Maybe someone has already done the hard work.
I've searched for AppleHDA for alc233 but found nothing useful... I found that it's very similar to alc282 but even a patched hda for 282 with DSDT edit didn't work. I've been trying all day to patch my own AppleHDA but it doesn't work, IOReg shows my hdef device with the correct CodecID and layout that I've patched but the kernel keeps saying there are sound assertions and sound doesn't get enabled. The sound menu status does light up as if it's working when the desktop boots up but it quickly changes to disabled after the sound assertions. I'm an IT student and used Linux for many years so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing while following the guide. I'll probably have to mess around more with the pins or change from layout28.

Meanwhile I got sound working with VoodooHDA 2.8.5 instead, I'll replace it with the patched AppleHDA when I manage to fix it for alc233.

I've seen the EFI corruption a few times, but not lately. Best to make sure it is not mounted during sleep/shutdown/restart.

As far as sleep, you'll need to narrow down your issue... Are you injecting clock-id with Clover?
That was most likely it, Clover was auto-mounting EFI but now I got sleep to work with other couple of changes as well. And yes I'm using clock-id injection.

Not sure if anyone has attempted VGA on Haswell systems. VGA is so 1990s though... Best to use a HDMI->VGA adapter instead. Apple's support for VGA is not stellar.

Not supported, you'll need to replace it. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html
Hmm that's what I thought oh well not like I really need them.

please give a link to the patched applehda for Asus X550L* (ALC233).

Thx

please give a link to the patched applehda for Asus X550L* (ALC233).

Thx

Sorry I haven't made much progress on the alc233 I only got speakers working perfectly so far, headphones have a weird effect that makes everything sound really far away. If you don't need headphones I could post it.

Sorry I haven't made much progress on the alc233 I only got speakers working perfectly so far, headphones have a weird effect that makes everything sound really far away. If you don't need headphones I could post it.
Please post it, your result is better than mine, I'll take it as a basis and try to improve.

Ok here it is. I installed it again on my system and verified it's still working at least on the speakers and partially on headphones. I also added some extra rtfs with info that might help you. Let me know if you can get headphones working properly.

View attachment AppleHDA_ALC233_10.9.2_layout28.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back