Contribute
Register

Asus X550LB Installer is too fast/in fast-forward, won't boot after install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well fixed the Chameleon reboot by updating it to the latest SVN version 2.2-r2377 (didn't see the official one was so old from 2012) but it's giving me almost the same deadbeef KP. Instead of "found 0xdeadbeef00000000" it's now "found 0xdeadbeef88098809".

That's when booting from the installed system, trying to boot the installer gives me a different KP with message "removeSymbol com.modacom.driv dmusbwb count 4106"

I guess I'll try to make a new Unibeast USB from a real mac and put Chameleon 2.2 on it like you mentioned.

If you can't boot the installer, how did you create an "installed system?"

Try with maxmem=8192 or maxmem=4096

Could also be issue with nvidia... make sure you removed nvidia kexts and either boot without cache or be sure to rebuild cache.

If you can't boot the installer, how did you create an "installed system?"

Try with maxmem=8192 or maxmem=4096

Could also be issue with nvidia... make sure you removed nvidia kexts and either boot without cache or be sure to rebuild cache.

It's the one I managed to install with the fast-clocked chimera.

For the maxmem does it have to be the same as I have installed (8gb)? Or doesn't matter if I use 4096?

I deleted the NVDA* files from S/L/E but couldn't find any Geforce* kexts where are those?

It's the one I managed to install with the fast-clocked chimera.

For the maxmem does it have to be the same as I have installed (8gb)? Or doesn't matter if I use 4096?

Use 4096 if you have 8GB memory installed. Just as a try...

Also use SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes

Also make sure you're using current build Chameleon. r2069 is very old.

I deleted the NVDA* files from S/L/E but couldn't find any Geforce* kexts where are those?

They may not be on the installer, but should also be removed from your final install.

I wasn't able to boot at all with Chameleon so I decided to try Clover instead and to my surprise it worked flawlessly and I got a bootable system now!

Right now I must use safe mode as it's not recognising my graphics card and other devices. For the graphics I read that I need to inject the device id with clover but I only find info on doing it with Chimera/Chameleon using IntelAzulFB=12 would you know how to inject the equivalent in clover? I've also never dealt with DSDT in case it needs to be done there.

Here's the info on my graphics card:

Intel.png

I wasn't able to boot at all with Chameleon so I decided to try Clover instead and to my surprise it worked flawlessly and I got a bootable system now!

Right now I must use safe mode as it's not recognising my graphics card and other devices. For the graphics I read that I need to inject the device id with clover but I only find info on doing it with Chimera/Chameleon using IntelAzulFB=12 would you know how to inject the equivalent in clover? I've also never dealt with DSDT in case it needs to be done there.

Here's the info on my graphics card:

View attachment 90380

Use Clover Configurator to inject 0x0a260006 for ig-platform-id. Also, you will need to remove the nvidia kexts or disable nvidia from BIOS. Eventually, you'll want to disable nvidia via DSDT/SSDT edits.

Ok that made it work now I can boot into OS X when injecting that id (or any valid id), now currently I got this working:

Currently working:
1366x768 display with Clover and any valid ig-platform-id
Touchpad/Keyboard with Elan touchpad kext
FnKeys with AsusNBFnkeys kext

Not working:
QE/CI
Audio (Realtek ALC233)
Ethernet
Wireless (It's a Ralink pci card so I don't think I can get it working on OSX)
nvidia 740m
Most likely HDMI video/audio, haven't tried it yet

I'd like to get QE/CI and ethernet working first as those are most important right now.

For QE/CI I searched around and found some threads where people mention HD 4400 works natively with the proper injected id but I tried injecting all possible values I found and all of them booted fine but none enabled QE/CI, so are there different methods for enabling it on Intel HD 4400? DSDT?

My ethernet card is a RTL8168/RTL8101e and I found that RealtekRTL8111.kext enables it but when I tried plugging anything into it it never accepted a DHCP offer and falledback to self-assigned ip after a while which won't let me have internet connection...

And audio I tried VoodooHDA.kext 2.8.4 but at first it wouldn't detect my card, then it started doing kernel panics at boot so I modified the Info.plist and changing IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIPrimaryMatch and putting my device id (0x023310ec) like the common problems thread said but it still won't work. I had to get the device id and vendor id from windows because the mavericks system report would show the high definition audio device entry but it would be blank without any info maybe it's related to that?

For nvidia I deleted the NVDA* and Geforce* kexts and would like to make it remain disabled (I don't really need it under OS X and can't be disabled in bios), would disabling it via DSDT/SSDT edits turn it off so it wont eat the battery?

Ok that made it work now I can boot into OS X when injecting that id (or any valid id), now currently I got this working:

Currently working:
1366x768 display with Clover and any valid ig-platform-id
Touchpad/Keyboard with Elan touchpad kext
FnKeys with AsusNBFnkeys kext

Not working:
QE/CI
Audio (Realtek ALC233)
Ethernet
Wireless (It's a Ralink pci card so I don't think I can get it working on OSX)
nvidia 740m
Most likely HDMI video/audio, haven't tried it yet

I'd like to get QE/CI and ethernet working first as those are most important right now.

If QE/CI isn't working, then you did not inject the correct ig-platform-id or there is some other issue. Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Could be PM issue....

For power management and initial setup after a fresh install, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Haswell is similar to Ivy, except you should use a Haswell-appropriate smbios and there is no need to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

(you will need to adapt the instructions for the specifics of Clover)

My ethernet card is a RTL8168/RTL8101e and I found that RealtekRTL8111.kext enables it but when I tried plugging anything into it it never accepted a DHCP offer and falledback to self-assigned ip after a while which won't let me have internet connection...

Which version of RealtekRTL8111.kext. Newer chipsets require the latest "development version."

And audio I tried VoodooHDA.kext 2.8.4 but at first it wouldn't detect my card, then it started doing kernel panics at boot so I modified the Info.plist and changing IOPCIClassMatch to IOPCIPrimaryMatch and putting my device id (0x023310ec) like the common problems thread said but it still won't work. I had to get the device id and vendor id from windows because the mavericks system report would show the high definition audio device entry but it would be blank without any info maybe it's related to that?

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

For nvidia I deleted the NVDA* and Geforce* kexts and would like to make it remain disabled (I don't really need it under OS X and can't be disabled in bios), would disabling it via DSDT/SSDT edits turn it off so it wont eat the battery?

Disabling it in DSDT/SSDT will help with battery life... Low priority until you get your other issues resolved, however...

If QE/CI isn't working, then you did not inject the correct ig-platform-id or there is some other issue. Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

You're right I was using the wrong option in Clover, I thought the option Fakeid in the GUI did the same as ig-platform-id. Now that I used Clover Configurator to set the id to the config.plist it works without problems.

Which version of RealtekRTL8111.kext. Newer chipsets require the latest "development version."
I was using 1.1.3 by Mieze, updating to 1.2.0 RC2 fixed it.
Could be PM issue....

For power management and initial setup after a fresh install, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Haswell is similar to Ivy, except you should use a Haswell-appropriate smbios and there is no need to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

(you will need to adapt the instructions for the specifics of Clover)

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

Disabling it in DSDT/SSDT will help with battery life... Low priority until you get your other issues resolved, however...
Power management and patching AppleHDA look like a lot of work... I'll try to get those working during the weekend when I have more time and that way I can learn how to create and edit DSDT to properly set them up.

Brightness control doesn't work and it sets itself very low after booting. Sometimes I can make it work again by putting it to sleep and it automatically wakes up after it goes to sleep allowing me to change the brightness from the Displays settings panel but sometimes putting it to sleep makes it shutdown. Probably all related to power management which I'll see how to fix with DSDT/SSDT later on.

Thanks for all the help.

You're right I was using the wrong option in Clover, I thought the option Fakeid in the GUI did the same as ig-platform-id. Now that I used Clover Configurator to set the id to the config.plist it works without problems.

I was using 1.1.3 by Mieze, updating to 1.2.0 RC2 fixed it.

Power management and patching AppleHDA look like a lot of work... I'll try to get those working during the weekend when I have more time and that way I can learn how to create and edit DSDT to properly set them up.

Brightness control doesn't work and it sets itself very low after booting. Sometimes I can make it work again by putting it to sleep and it automatically wakes up after it goes to sleep allowing me to change the brightness from the Displays settings panel but sometimes putting it to sleep makes it shutdown. Probably all related to power management which I'll see how to fix with DSDT/SSDT later on.

Thanks for all the help.

Haswell Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (Haswell)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Well I've tried getting my DSDT/SSDT files but they won't compile. I tried using the ones dumped by clover using f4, the ones MaciASL gets from acpi, and the best I've gotten was a dsdt.dat I extracted with acpidump from linux and compiled it with iasl on mavericks and still has some few errors:

Result is not used, operator has no effect
Code:
Divide (Multiply (DerefOf (Index (PWAC, Local3)), 0x64), 0xFF, 
                                )

syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_LOCAL0
Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)
Code:
Local0
Subtract (0x0A, Local0, Local1)

Attachments

• acpidump.zip
    110.8 KB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back