Contribute
Register

Asus X550l - Problem with beta 4 and 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume, I don't know why you're trying to start it manually in single user mode.

Solution found.
First I would like to thank @lingering2012 for having discovered the solution and @RehabMan for giving me all this time support and created the patches.

Basically nv_disable = 1 is not working in the correct way having problem on system startup. The solution is to apply the patches in DSDT and SSDT to disable discrete graphics in dual gpu.

The link to apply the patch:
Https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 20.13.43.png

hi lingering2012

thank you for your EFI folder, but on my laptop doesn't work...it keeps restarting;

I don't know if it's related to my Windows 10 partition on internal HDD, or to the external HDD where I've installed the previous High Serra Beta 4 version...

could you show me, please, your BIOS config?

Thx!
There is nothing special about it. Even the same model, the same version of BIOS, and the DSDT SSDT compiled on my computer do not always work for you.

Nothing attached.
Sorry, I made a mistake. Those were supposed to be sent to sandro_desktop. Therefore deleted.

In addition, the Intel8051 problem has been resolved. It shows that the method I suggest is effective.

Sorry, I made a mistake. Those were supposed to be sent to sandro_desktop. Therefore deleted.

I was interested in the actual changes you were making.
Your assertion is that the only patch you're doing is to disable the Nvidia device.
I'd like to see if that is what you're actually doing, or if you're really doing more than that.

Last edited:
As Intel8051 said in #81,The solution is to apply the patches in DSDT and SSDT to disable discrete graphics in dual gpu. You can see these files in my uploaded EFI file. In fact, I also compiled the ACPI file completely according to your tutorial.

As Intel8051 said in #81,The solution is to apply the patches in DSDT and SSDT to disable discrete graphics in dual gpu. You can see these files in my uploaded EFI file. In fact, I also compiled the ACPI file completely according to your tutorial.

Where is this attachment?

If you followed my guide, then you did a LOT more than disable Nvidia... That would mean you have fully patched ACPI (eg. "OS Check Fix", LPC fixing, SMBUS, IRQ fix, etc, etc).

If you're referring the the EFI/Clover here, in post #68 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-x550l-problem-with-beta-4-and-5.229572/page-7#post-1571702), it is patched for much more than Nvidia disable (and isn't according to my guide either).

Last edited:
Your assertion is that the only patch you're doing is to disable the Nvidia device.
I'd like to see if that is what you're actually doing, or if you're really doing more than that.

You may have misunderstood, I mean, the key to solve this problem is to use DSDT and SSDT to disable the nvida card, I uploaded the file contains a lot of patches, not just disable the NVIDIA card, for example, I added a BCM43225 wireless network card patch.

You may have misunderstood, I mean, the key to solve this problem is to use DSDT and SSDT to disable the nvida card, I uploaded the file contains a lot of patches, not just disable the NVIDIA card, for example, I added a BCM43225 wireless network card patch.

I'm not misunderstanding anything.
You're asserting that the only change needed is to disable the Nvidia card.
But you have not tested that, and are actually doing much more.

If you wish to prove that assertion, you should test it.
Your files lack ACPI/origin, so it is not possible for me to tell you how a test like that could be constructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back