Contribute
Register

Asus X550l - Problem with beta 4 and 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your config.plist has nv_disable (not Nv_disable=1 as you previously wrote).
nv_disable=1 will successfully disable the nvidia drivers.

Although it exists, it does not solve the problem. Only using ssdt-off.aml to disable discrete graphics has solved the problem.

Although it exists, it does not solve the problem. Only using ssdt-off.aml to disable discrete graphics has solved the problem.

I would have to see full "Problem Reporting" files for each scenario for any kind of confirmation.

The BIOS version is 208

hi lingering2012

thank you for your EFI folder, but on my laptop doesn't work...it keeps restarting;

I don't know if it's related to my Windows 10 partition on internal HDD, or to the external HDD where I've installed the previous High Serra Beta 4 version...

could you show me, please, your BIOS config?

Thx!

Last edited:
thank you for your EFI folder, but on my laptop doesn't work...it keeps restarting;

If there is patched ACPI files there, you should not expect they would work.
You must extract and patch your own ACPI. You can never use patched ACPI files from another computer.

If there is patched ACPI files there, you should not expect they would work.
You must extract and patch your own ACPI. You can never use patched ACPI files from another computer.

but it's the same, identical model, Asus N550JV ...

but it's the same, identical model, Asus N550JV ...
different BIOS options, BIOS versions and hardware can make a difference, thats why not to use other peeps DSDT and SSDT files

You can solve this problem by compiling DSDT or SSDT to disable nvida graphics cards. I have installed Beta version 5 on the ASUS N550JV notebook in this way.

Just use your previous installation method,, just add the ACPI file that disables Discrete graphics。

Interesting, please where did you get the patches needed to disable nvidia card?

Since your system kexts are corrupt, you need to do a fresh install.

I formatted my external hd and I did a clean install of the High Sierra Beta 7, using my desktop. It has been successfully installed and can boot normally on my desktop. I installed FakeSMC.kext using MultiBeast 9.2.0.
I restarted the computer with the -s flag, I executed the command: kextload /Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext.
The same problem is still happening. Both on the desktop and on the notebook. However on the desktop it is possible to initialize the graphical interface because I use only Nvidia video.

IMG_5476.JPG

I have noticed that many users using the HD4400 and HD4600 are having the same problem but some other users are not experiencing this problem. I do not understand what is happening. Is this problem related to nv_disable = 1?

I formatted my external hd and I did a clean install of the High Sierra Beta 7, using my desktop. It has been successfully installed and can boot normally on my desktop. I installed FakeSMC.kext using MultiBeast 9.2.0.
I restarted the computer with the -s flag, I executed the command: kextload /Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext.
The same problem is still happening. Both on the desktop and on the notebook. However on the desktop it is possible to initialize the graphical interface because I use only Nvidia video.

View attachment 275397

I have noticed that many users using the HD4400 and HD4600 are having the same problem but some other users are not experiencing this problem. I do not understand what is happening. Is this problem related to nv_disable = 1?

If FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume, I don't know why you're trying to start it manually in single user mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back