Contribute
Register

Asus X550l - Problem with beta 4 and 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried several times to load FakeSMC.kext manually but still with the same error.
Today I updated to beta 7. It continues with the same problem but now a new message is appearing:
View attachment 275232
You can solve this problem by compiling DSDT or SSDT to disable nvida graphics cards. I have installed Beta version 5 on the ASUS N550JV notebook in this way.

Just use your previous installation method,, just add the ACPI file that disables Discrete graphics。

Last edited:
I tried several times to load FakeSMC.kext manually but still with the same error.
Today I updated to beta 7. It continues with the same problem but now a new message is appearing:
View attachment 275232

Since your system kexts are corrupt, you need to do a fresh install.

You can solve this problem by compiling DSDT or SSDT to disable nvida graphics cards. I have installed Beta version 5 on the ASUS N550JV notebook in this way.

Just use your previous installation method,, just add the ACPI file that disables Discrete graphics。

Kernel flag nv_disable=1 should avoid any problems with Nvidia graphics device being present.
All my guide plists have nv_disable=1.

Kernel flag nv_disable=1 should avoid any problems with Nvidia graphics device being present.
All my guide plists have nv_disable=1.

Nv_disable=1, this is not help solve the problem, I have tried all kinds of methods, only disable nvida graphics cards can go smoothly.

hi lingering2012,

since I have Asus N550JV laptop, would you mind to post your clover folder?

Thx!

hi lingering2012,

since I have Asus N550JV laptop, would you mind to post your clover folder?

Thx!

Nv_disable=1, this is not help solve the problem, I have tried all kinds of methods, only disable nvida graphics cards can go smoothly.

Nv_disable=1 is not valid. Spelling problem. The flag is spelled nv_disable.

Nv_disable=1 is not valid. Spelling problem. The flag is spelled nv_disable.

I'm sure the problem is not in this parameter. You can refer to the EFI file I uploaded above. Thank you

I'm sure the problem is not in this parameter. You can refer to the EFI file I uploaded above. Thank you

Your config.plist has nv_disable (not Nv_disable=1 as you previously wrote).
nv_disable=1 will successfully disable the nvidia drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back