Contribute
Register

Asus X550l - Problem with beta 4 and 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now if only someone would test/verify that only Nvidia disable is required.

Procedure:
- patch ACPI *only* for Nvidia disable (omit all other patches)
OR
- disable Nvidia from BIOS and try with native ACPI

Only the patch to disable nvidia has been applied.
SSDT-12:
into method label _OFF parent_label \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP code_regex .*EC.* removeall_matched;

SSDT-11:
into method label _INI parent_label \_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP insert
begin
//added to turn nvidia/radeon off\n
External(\_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._OFF, MethodObj)\n
_OFF()\n
end;

DSDT:
into method label _REG parent_hid PNP0C09 insert
begin
//added to turn nvidia/radeon off\n
If (LAnd(LEqual(Arg0,3),LEqual(Arg1,1)))\n
{\n

\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SPIN (0x96, Zero)\n
}\n
end;

In config.plist it was necessary to disable:
Change EC0 to EC.
Otherwise the same problem would continue:
Com.apple.WindowServer Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing ...

After using the ssdt and dsdt applied with the disable nvidia patch and disable Change EC0 to EC. it is possible to initialize the installer successfully. Tested versions: Beta 6, 7 and 8.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
In config.plist it was necessary to disable:
Change EC0 to EC.

Test without Nvidia patch (eg. native ACPI) and without EC0->EC patch.

Note: You cannot expect to use rename patches in config.plist with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched (when those SSDTs don't have the rename) as that results in unbalanced renames due to the fact that config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches apply to ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml, but not the SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

But you should test without the EC rename and native ACPI just to verify that the EC rename is not also causing a problem (even when properly applied to SSDTs).

I will note that your laptop has an ECDT (look in ACPI/origin). And it has a reference to EC0. For a correct EC0->EC rename to be accomplished the ECDT would need to be patched to match or dropped.

Test without Nvidia patch (eg. native ACPI) and without EC0->EC patch.

Note: You cannot expect to use rename patches in config.plist with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched (when those SSDTs don't have the rename) as that results in unbalanced renames due to the fact that config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches apply to ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml, but not the SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

But you should test without the EC rename and native ACPI just to verify that the EC rename is not also causing a problem (even when properly applied to SSDTs).

I will note that your laptop has an ECDT (look in ACPI/origin). And it has a reference to EC0. For a correct EC0->EC rename to be accomplished the ECDT would need to be patched to match or dropped.

I tested without Nvidia patch and without EC0-> EC patch. However, the same problem remains: Com.apple.WindowServer Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing ...

I tested without Nvidia patch and without EC0-> EC patch. However, the same problem remains: Com.apple.WindowServer Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing ...

I would have to see the two EFI/Clover (for side-by-side comparison) to confirm. There are many mistakes to be made when switching from patched ACPI to native. Just like the mistake you made with EC0->EC hotpatch with OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched (nicely, you figured out that one yourself).

I would have to see the two EFI/Clover (for side-by-side comparison) to confirm. There are many mistakes to be made when switching from patched ACPI to native. Just like the mistake you made with EC0->EC hotpatch with OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched (nicely, you figured out that one yourself).

About my mistake do you mean about the config.plist or the patch applied in ssdt and dsdt?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
About my mistake do you mean about the config.plist or the patch applied in ssdt and dsdt?

Both of the EFI/Clover you attached have patched ACPI.
Expected one would have native.
Because config.plist changes need to follow changes in ACPI/patched, it is easy to make a mistake.

Both of the EFI/Clover you attached have patched ACPI.
Expected one would have native.
Because config.plist changes need to follow changes in ACPI/patched, it is easy to make a mistake.

Sorry, I had previously applied patches to fix the errors: ADBG fix and Remove _PSS placeholders.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
Sorry, I had previously applied patches to fix the errors: ADBG fix and Remove _PSS placeholders.

Native ACPI is where there are no files in ACPI/patched, DropOem=false.
And then, one by one, review the various patches in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes and config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

Test.
Record result.
Then attach both EFI/Clover... the one that works, and the one that doesn't.

Native ACPI is where there are no files in ACPI/patched, DropOem=false.
And then, one by one, review the various patches in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes and config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

Test.
Record result.
Then attach both EFI/Clover... the one that works, and the one that doesn't.

For several days I have tested several variations of patches in config.plist / ACPI / DSDT / Fixes and config.plist / ACPI / DSDT / Patches.
Unfortunately none of them had a positive result. The following screen is always displayed after the installer boots:

Com.apple.WindowServer Service only ran for 0 seconds.

I can only boot the installer (10.13 beta and GM) when I apply the nvidia patch to disable discrete graphics on dsdt and ssdt.

Attachments

• CLOVER-Works.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 83
For several days I have tested several variations of patches in config.plist / ACPI / DSDT / Fixes and config.plist / ACPI / DSDT / Patches.
Unfortunately none of them had a positive result. The following screen is always displayed after the installer boots:

Com.apple.WindowServer Service only ran for 0 seconds.

I can only boot the installer (10.13 beta and GM) when I apply the nvidia patch to disable discrete graphics on dsdt and ssdt.

I came up with an alternate method, documented here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-on-haswell-intel-4600hd.231800/#post-1582114

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back