Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if the card recognized by the system is the BCM94331CD or BCM94360CD PCIe card. Anyway it seems both are supposed to be native ones:

This is the hardware i bought a few years ago:

View attachment 425988

View attachment 425989

So, if i add AirportBrcmFixup.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WIFI.kext and FakePCIID.kext my Bluetooth and Wireless AirDrop, HandOff, Instant Hotspot are now compatible and connected.

AirDrop works now (not without those kexts) but Continuity and Handoff still doesn't work.

Is it mandatory to install Continuity Activation Tool? or can i modify something manually? (I always preffer it)

And One more thing (a few more):

1.- This kexts, also solved my App Store problem. There was no way to download apps, and now i can :)
2.- Before install this kexts, i was able to wake up the computer with the keboard or trackpad, and now i can't. I have to do it with the tower power buton. :banghead:

Hi @ci2own and All others friends :)

So ... I have a little questions ..
1) Why did you add AirportBrcm kext if it's
"An open source kernel extension providing a set of patches required for non-native Airport Broadcom Wi-Fi cards."? :p
.. this one should work oob :)

2) (Most important) Did you finished your system installation completely as shown in KGP guide?;)

3) Did you do all ACPI implementations? or any ACPI implementations? :p

Last edited:
Hi @ci2own and All others friends :)

So ... I have a little questions ..
1) Why did you add AirportBrcm kext if it's
"An open source kernel extension providing a set of patches required for non-native Airport Broadcom Wi-Fi cards."? :p
.. this one should work oob :)

2) Did you finished your system installation completely as shown in KGP guide?;)

3) Did you do all ACPI implementations?
I didn't read all posts before... so I don't know your history (about your rig etc)
that's why I ask :p

1) It seems it doesn't work OOB as it should, and without those kexts, everything is disabled (AirDrop, Handoff, etc). But bluetooth and Wifi works. So this wifi/bluetooth card is the same i used in my old hackintosh and it worked with those kexts, and CAT (Continuity Activation Tool) so i added to this build.

2) I don't have the same hardware as KPG, but i followed as much as i could his guide. Apart of that, i'm a newbie with DSDT, patches, etc.

3) @djlild7hina is helping me with everything (thank you very much!). He cleaned my EFI folder and i have the SSDT-X299-ANS.aml on "patched" folder of my EFI. How can i check if is implemented ok?

If you can point me to the right direction (documentation, website, etc.) to check that all my SSDT are Ok i would try to.

Thanks in advance!

1) It seems it doesn't work OOB as it should, and without those kexts, everything is disabled (AirDrop, Handoff, etc). But bluetooth and Wifi works. So this wifi/bluetooth card is the same i used in my old hackintosh and it worked with those kexts, and CAT (Continuity Activation Tool) so i added to this build.

2) I don't have the same hardware as KPG, but i followed as much as i could his guide. Apart of that, i'm a newbie with DSDT, patches, etc.

3) @djlild7hina is helping me with everything (thank you very much!). He cleaned my EFI folder and i have the SSDT-X299-ANS.aml on "patched" folder of my EFI. How can i check if is implemented ok?

If you can point me to the right direction (documentation, website, etc.) to check that all my SSDT are Ok i would try to.

Thanks in advance!

I think KGP still have my board and 2nd like yours Asus WS x299 Sage/10G
he prepared everything for 2 boards from A to Z in my opinion (if I remember well) I will check it in few minutes :)
Of course if you don't have TB3 card we can forget about this part, and same thing for 10G additional card,
but a lot of things will be 95% the same....

Here you can see if everything works fine:
Capture d’écran 2019-09-15 à 17.26.27.png

I would like to see what you have there to try to help you...
and on the same time I will try to find your EFI to see what you got there...

PS: Did you donwload all .aml files from here? :)

edit//
Your config.plist seems to be OK,
you can just desactivate:
e.) FPU_->MATH, TMR_->TIMR, PIC_->IPIC are all ACPI DSDT Replacement Patches for consistency with the variablenaming on a real Mac. The variables are however functionless on either our X299 boards or real Macs.
Capture d’écran 2019-09-15 à 17.42.15.png

Last edited:
I think KGP still have my board and 2nd like yours Asus WS x299 Sage/10G
he prepared everything for 2 boards from A to Z in my opinion (if I remember well) I will check it in few minutes :)
Of course if you don't have TB3 card we can forget about this part, and same thing for 10G additional card,
but a lot of things will be 95% the same....

Here you can see if everything works fine:
View attachment 425995

I would like to see what you have there to try to help you...
and on the same time I will try to find your EFI to see what you got there...

PS: Did you donwload all .aml files from here? :)

I agree the KPG post is 100% perfect. The problem is i'm a newbie with a lot of those things he explains and i'm lost.

I don't have the TB3 Card, I don't have the Graphics card in the same Slot, and i guess i don't have the same Wifi/Bluetooth Card.

I'll try to explain how my setup is:

Slot 1: Radeon VII
Slot 5: The PCIe WIFI/Bluetooth Card i posted before (Not sure if is a BCM94331CD or a BCM94360CD (Check the images on the posted before)
Slot 7: Inateck PCIe USB 3.0

This is my actual EFI folder (removed serial number):

And this is my PCI tab:

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-15 a las 17.47.41.png

And yes! I downloaded all SSDT files from KPG Github but as i don't know how they work exactly, i don't know if are right implemented.

I agree the KPG post is 100% perfect. The problem is i'm a newbie with a lot of those things he explains and i'm lost.

I don't have the TB3 Card, I don't have the Graphics card in the same Slot, and i guess i don't have the same Wifi/Bluetooth Card.

I'll try to explain how my setup is:

Slot 1: Radeon VII
Slot 5: The PCIe WIFI/Bluetooth Card i posted before (Not sure if is a BCM94331CD or a BCM94360CD (Check the images on the posted before)
Slot 7: Inateck PCIe USB 3.0

This is my actual EFI folder (removed serial number):

And this is my PCI tab:

View attachment 425996

And yes! I downloaded all SSDT files from KPG Github but as i don't know how they work exactly, i don't know if are right implemented.

OK ok :) Soo...
That's true ... fun with .aml files, implementations etc... it not so easy :p
but even as amators we can try to learn and try to understand it - I still learn.:)
I will try to find great examples from KGP from old HS guide, when I started to do it first time :)

and for now I modified KGP file for ID of your device and location,
I can say nothing else, we just have to try it, then we will see what we can do more... :)

Put this file attached below to your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/
reboot system
and send photo of your PCI list as in last post ;)

Attachments

• SSDT-PC01-BR1A-SL01-ANS-ARPT.aml
    630 bytes · Views: 46
I'm not sure if the card recognized by the system is the BCM94331CD or BCM94360CD PCIe card. Anyway it seems both are supposed to be native ones:

This is the hardware i bought a few years ago:

View attachment 425988

View attachment 425989

So, if i add AirportBrcmFixup.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WIFI.kext and FakePCIID.kext my Bluetooth and Wireless AirDrop, HandOff, Instant Hotspot are now compatible and connected.

AirDrop works now (not without those kexts) but Continuity and Handoff still doesn't work.

Is it mandatory to install Continuity Activation Tool? or can i modify something manually? (I always preffer it)

And One more thing (a few more):

1.- This kexts, also solved my App Store problem. There was no way to download apps, and now i can :)
2.- Before install this kexts, i was able to wake up the computer with the keboard or trackpad, and now i can't. I have to do it with the tower power buton. :banghead:

Hnm looks like you may need the activation tool? I have no experience with the 94331 and I just bought a cheap 94360 on eBay

Hnm looks like you may need the activation tool? I have no experience with the 94331 and I just bought a cheap 94360 on eBay
That is true 94360 real ones are the best :)
BTW: I don't remember nothig about some activation tool...
but I think it's better to - first ... finish his correct implementation and then try some other things :)

I forgot to say @ci2own FIRST delete PCIID fake kext... and airport brcm.kext then put this file to ACPI/Patched/ and reboot :)Capture d’écran 2019-09-15 à 18.28.16.png

That is true 94360 real ones are the best :)
BTW: I don't remember nothig about some activation tool...
but I think it's better to - first ... finish his correct implementation and then try some other things :)

I forgot to say @ci2own FIRST delete PCIID fake kext... and airport brcm.kext then put this file to ACPI/Patched/ and reboot :)

I get a kernel panic (i didn’t remove the PCIID fake before.

09C8E096-B4C8-4E5A-A5EE-C7BC588722E7.jpeg

I get a kernel panic (i didn’t remove the PCIID fake before.

View attachment 426007

I'm not supprised when you have every kext which shouldn't be there :p
We have to try first - most basic steps to fix it
without additional kexts

Delete these 3 files:
Capture d’écran 2019-09-15 à 18.28.16.png
and then we will see if it works and what we will see... ;)

I'm not supprised when you have every kext which shouldn't be there :p
We have to try first - most basic steps to fix it
without additional kexts

Delete these 3 files:
View attachment 426009
and then we will see if it works and what we will see... ;)

Can’t boot now. Even disabling all ACPI patches from clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back