Contribute
Register

Asus VivoBook S400CA - USB3 7-Series in El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol::pFixed. Ports are now injected, but whenever I plug something into the USB2 port, it's not recognized in IOReg or anywhere... :think:

Likely that particular port is not injected...

Likely that particular port is not injected...

I injected the ports that were listed to be connected to the specified ports in Device Manager, still not working :think:

I'm going to experiment on injecting a hub... How do you inject a hub? :think:

I injected the ports that were listed to be connected to the specified ports in Device Manager, still not working :think:

At first, inject as many ports as possible, using multiple injectors at different times if necessary ( to work around 15 port limit, if it affects you ).

Then trim later.

The same port may not be used in Windows vs. OS X depending on the state of XHCI USB2 routing registers.

At first, inject as many ports as possible, using multiple injectors at different times if necessary ( to work around 15 port limit, if it affects you ).

Then trim later.

The same port may not be used in Windows vs. OS X depending on the state of XHCI USB2 routing registers.

Hmm ... injected all ports (PRTs) and then mouse / keyboard (USB, seperate) work, but it's all under PRT1 > Hub. You might know why? :think:

Also, I want to get to the bottom of why OSX won't boot if I have my XHCI controller enabled. Do you also have any ideas about that? :think: Thanks!

BIG NEWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (sorry haha)... I GOT XHCI CONTROLLER WORKING!!!

Strangely, it had to with XWAK... o_O

I was reading the 10.11+ USB thread and decided to add Return(0) to XWAK, and surprisingly, when I enabled XHCI controller, it BOOTED! So for all laptops that don't boot with the XHCI controller enabled in OSX, try adding Return(0) to XWAK... :lol::headbang:

Bad thing is, I have to rebuild my port injector now :lol:So happy that this is working, though!

Now that XHC is working, the two left USB2 ports (connected to EH01) aren't working anymore, although I've injected all 8 available ports ...

Hmm ... injected all ports (PRTs) and then mouse / keyboard (USB, seperate) work, but it's all under PRT1 > Hub. You might know why? :think:

It is somewhat normal, especially for USB2 routed from XHC.

Also, I want to get to the bottom of why OSX won't boot if I have my XHCI controller enabled. Do you also have any ideas about that? :think: Thanks!

Start with verbose boot for troubleshooting. No ideas without details...

XHCI should be set to "auto" or "smart auto".

Now that XHC is working, the two left USB2 ports (connected to EH01) aren't working anymore, although I've injected all 8 available ports ...

Do you have a hub? Did you inject the ports there too?

BIG NEWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (sorry haha)... I GOT XHCI CONTROLLER WORKING!!!

Strangely, it had to with XWAK... o_O

I was reading the 10.11+ USB thread and decided to add Return(0) to XWAK, and surprisingly, when I enabled XHCI controller, it BOOTED! So for all laptops that don't boot with the XHCI controller enabled in OSX, try adding Return(0) to XWAK... :lol::headbang:

Bad thing is, I have to rebuild my port injector now :lol:So happy that this is working, though!

XWAK isn't usually called until wake from sleep. You can check the DSDT to see where else it might be called from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back