Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Zenbook UX410UA
CPU
Intel Core i5 7200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620
Device: Asus Zenbook UX410UA (Clover UEFI)
CPU: Intel Core i5 7200U Intel Kaby Lake-U Premium PCH
GPU: Intel HD 620 1920x1080
macOS version: 10.13 (with supplementary update)
Hi, I'm using UX410UA on macOS 10.13 (with supplementary update) in which the Intel HD 620 was natively detected as "Intel HD Graphics 620 1536 MB right after installation. HDMI works but without the audio, and when I went to audio section in System Report, there is only device information and Intel High Definition Audio is missing (as shown in the below capture). Another point I want to mention is that I have already installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext in both S/L/E and CLOVER. At first thing appears to be working well but then each time I reboot the machine, the battery status goes away, which makes me go to System Preferences to turn it on again (sometimes I can't even do that). Additionally, if the battery status icon shows up, it always indicates the wrong battery percentage (also depicted in the below images). And last but not least, also after the reboot, my screen brightness was always set at its maximum level although I have changed that before. Anyone please guide me to solve these issues as everything in my UX410UA works perfectly but these (my clover folder and IOReg is also attached below)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 5.49.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 5.49.29 PM.png
    354.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.08.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.08.15 PM.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.21.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.21.40 PM.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.47.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.47.53 PM.png
    757.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Thehelpfulone UX410UA.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Hi, I'm using UX410UA on macOS 10.13 (with supplementary update) in which the Intel HD 620 was natively detected as "Intel HD Graphics 620 1536 MB right after installation. HDMI works but without the audio, and when I went to audio section in System Report, there is only device information and Intel High Definition Audio is missing (as shown in the below capture). Another point I want to mention is that I have already installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext in both S/L/E and CLOVER. At first thing appears to be working well but then each time I reboot the machine, the battery status goes away, which makes me go to System Preferences to turn it on again (sometimes I can't even do that). Additionally, if the battery status icon shows up, it always indicates the wrong battery percentage (also depicted in the below images). And last but not least, also after the reboot, my screen brightness was always set at its maximum level although I have changed that before. Anyone please guide me to solve these issues as everything in my UX410UA works perfectly but these (my clover folder is also attached below)

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm sorry, my bad, I forgot doing patchmatic and kextstat, now I think it's sufficient?

The ioreg is corrupt (you probably used the wrong IORegistryExplorer.app).
Please read "Problem Reporting" again. Very carefully.

Device: Asus Zenbook UX410UA (Clover UEFI)
CPU: Intel Core i5 7200U Intel Kaby Lake-U Premium PCH
GPU: Intel HD 620 1920x1080
macOS version: 10.13 (with supplementary update)
Hi, I'm using UX410UA on macOS 10.13 (with supplementary update) in which the Intel HD 620 was natively detected as "Intel HD Graphics 620 1536 MB right after installation. HDMI works but without the audio, and when I went to audio section in System Report, there is only device information and Intel High Definition Audio is missing (as shown in the below capture). Another point I want to mention is that I have already installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext in both S/L/E and CLOVER. At first thing appears to be working well but then each time I reboot the machine, the battery status goes away, which makes me go to System Preferences to turn it on again (sometimes I can't even do that). Additionally, if the battery status icon shows up, it always indicates the wrong battery percentage (also depicted in the below images). And last but not least, also after the reboot, my screen brightness was always set at its maximum level although I have changed that before. Anyone please guide me to solve these issues as everything in my UX410UA works perfectly but these (my clover folder and IOReg is also attached below)

You didn't implement HDMI audio.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.232996/

For your brightness issue, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.232976/
(must have NVRAM implemented (RC scripts?), may need Fake ALS)

Battery problem is due to NVMe+TRIM+APFS.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

I don't know why you posted this in the Sierra forum. Your ioreg shows High Sierra installed.
I will move the thread.

Hi thehelpfulone, did you manage to get your Zenbook working? I'd be really grateful if you can share your final clover directory and any other configuration details I'd need. I have an HP envy with what looks like the same hardware spec that I'm struggling with and would like to try your config. Many thanks. Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back