Contribute
Register

Asus UL80J - Successful install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanilla kernel should be all you need. 10.3.0. That plus the boot file. Keep in mind that boot file has 1.2ghz hardcoded in it. My guess is if the clock speed didn't change then the boot file wasn't actually swapped or snow leopard is just reporting it wrong. This is all done in software :)

So after adding voodoobattery.kext I really think we have done a good job here. Same hardware as a macbook pro only 1/3rd of the cost :)

Just tested, working fine. Sound was something I never had to mess with, so I don't know how it got fixed or what kext its using. I believe I installed voodoohda experimental in multibeast.

My friend just dropped off his desktop. Asrock p55 pro with core i5 750 and nvidia gt 240. You have no idea how easy that install was compared to our laptops. I am serious. I installed snow leopard, the 10.6.4 update, and then multibeast and I can't find a single thing wrong with it. Also all of the hardware is being shown correctly in system info. The system knows its a gt240 and a core i5 750. Absolutely makes me sick... the trouble we had to go through...

So you didn't use the normal iboot iso from here for i3,i5, and i7s? I clicked on your link and it was broken from the earlier post? I just got a acer aspire timeline 1830t that has a i3-330um and trying to get macosx installed and can't get to the safe mode even just gives me achi error. Any help would be appreciated.

No I was talking about someone elses computer.

For my install I just did iBoot + multibeast and a bunch of tweaking. Make sure you set the sata mode in your bios correctly to ahci... do you have an NVIDIA card?

no it has intregrated intel for graphics and the laptop was preset for the correct sata settings. so its much easier on desktop? i have a p55 mobo with a i7 920 and nvidia gtx 465 at home but im on travel currently.

ill try to get a snapsnot of my screen with the error

Well I'm not sure how well your laptops intel graphics are supported. Never tried it but i think i remember it is hard to work around, and that is most likely the reason why you can't boot.

As far as your desktop goes you won't be able to install it on there either. I know for sure that the gforce 4XX cards are not supported. If you changed the card to a 2XX card you should have a great and easy install.

hmmm well i still have a gtx 265 that i upgraded from. can i still with that and then change it out? or would i be stuck? if so whats a good place to check out of what hardware to buy to make a cheap desktop to make the cleanest install possible?

Hello guys, I do not understand much English, let me know if there is any possibility of running osx snow leopard on my Asus K52Jc whit Inte HD Graphics/Nvidia 310M whit nvidia optimus ??

Thanks and sorry for my english

Has anyone gotten their UL80 to sleep and recover from it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back