Contribute
Register

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-PLUS WiFi D4 | Alder Lake i7-12700K | AMD Radeon RX580

Hey thanks for your EFI config, however i've gotten to boot into the Mac os recovery menu, and in disk utility none of my drives are being connected such as nvme, i even tried sata, and it says i have no internet connection once i just tried to install macos,
I have the same parts besides ram(64gb gskill), GPU(msi rx 570 4gb) and storage, samsung 1tb 980. If you can, please get back to me, that'd be much appreciated :))
Try the following:

1. Disable SATA_unsupported.kext from config.plist

2. You enable SSDT_GPRW.aml in config.plist > ACPI > Add but the patch for GPRW is disabled. That patch must be enabled for SSDT_GPRW.aml to work. Another issue is that you are enabling SSDT_GPRW.aml but you also use USBWakeFixup.kext with SSDT_USBW.aml. Use one or the other, but not both.

You need to update your build info or mods will ban you (per forum's rules).

Hello @frontgear thank you very much for your post, always updated and you have the courtesy to respond and help everyone here, that is appreciated.

I have the same setup as you, Z690, Fenvi t919, 12700K but a 6900 XT. The installer starts, I select Ventura Installer ... Apple logo but after advancing a few seconds it goes to black and does not return.

Maybe there is something I should change/configure for the different GPUs?

Thanks again.

Note: This is my first time dealing with OpenCore, I was without Hackintosh for many years (check my signature).

Last edited:
Hello @frontgear thank you very much for your post, always updated and you have the courtesy to respond and help everyone here, that is appreciated.

I have the same setup as you, Z690, Fenvi t919, 12700K but a 6900 XT. The installer starts, I select Ventura Installer ... Apple logo but after advancing a few seconds it goes to black and does not return.

Maybe there is something I should change/configure for the different GPUs?

Thanks again.

Note: This is my first time dealing with OpenCore, I was without Hackintosh for many years (check my signature).
You will need to add this boot argument to boot with your RX6900T

• config.plist → NVRAM → Add → 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 → and append agdpmod=pikera to boot-args

Great guide OP, I bought this Mobo/cpu combo yesterday at MicroCenter and have it up and running already. Having a few issues though & hoping someone might have a solution.

Having trouble getting audio working. All of my sources are being recognized (Displayport, Optical out, line out, headphones) but only my headphones port on the front of my case is functioning properly. I’ve worked around it for the moment by connecting my soundbar via Bluetooth, but it’s kind of a pain to manually connect it every time. I used the same soundbar on my last build with the optical out (SPDIF) and I never had to mess with it as it connected automatically.

My second concern is somewhat low Geekbench 5 scores… getting around 1850 single core and 12000 multi. Overall it feels a lot snappier than my last build (9900k) but I was expecting around 2k / 14k+ respectively.

All in all, I’m super happy so far and just a few things left to iron out. Having functioning sleep and wake is a huge relief, great work on this guide.
View attachment F1E71D5A-7DB9-4CF1-9876-3A2ABC561751.jpeg

Last edited:
Great guide OP, I bought this Mobo/cpu combo yesterday at MicroCenter and have it up and running already. Having a few issues though & hoping someone might have a solution.

Having trouble getting audio working. All of my sources are being recognized (Displayport, Optical out, line out, headphones) but only my headphones port on the front of my case is functioning properly. I’ve worked around it for the moment by connecting my soundbar via Bluetooth, but it’s kind of a pain to manually connect it every time. I used the same soundbar on my last build with the optical out (SPDIF) and I never had to mess with it as it connected automatically.

My second concern is somewhat low Geekbench 5 scores… getting around 1850 single core and 12000 multi. Overall it feels a lot snappier than my last build (9900k) but I was expecting around 2k / 14k+ respectively.

All in all, I’m super happy so far and just a few things left to iron out. Having functioning sleep and wake is a huge relief, great work on this guide.
View attachment 562611
Have you tried different layout-id's for audio setting? Mine is currently 12 but since I have an Apple LED Cinema display, sound is through the USB connection.

With regards to your low GB5 scores, in BIOS, under AI-Tweaker menu, there is an option to let the system tweak and adjust the CPU to achieve maximum performance. I forgot the name of the option but try that to see if it makes any difference. It should.

Last edited:
Have you tried different layout-id's for audio setting? Mine is currently 12 but since I have an Apple LED Cinema display, sound is through the USB connection.

With regards to your low GB5 scores, in BIOS, under AI-Tweaker menu, there is an option to let the system tweak and adjust the CPU to achieve maximum performance. I forgot the name of the option but try that to see if it makes any difference. It should.
I haven’t tried different layout id’s yet. I’ve actually run into more issues than just SPDIF now. I can’t get Adobe Lightroom Classic to function normally. Which is software I use daily. I’m having some serious buyers remorse after selling my z390/9900k.

Updated original post with EFI folder for OpenCore 0.8.9.

Notes:
• Disabled SSDT-DTPG.aml since Thunderbolt port is disabled in BIOS so there is no need for this .aml file. If you are using a Thunderbolt device then keep this .aml file enabled in the config.plist file
• Disabled CPUFriend.kext and CPUFriendDataProvider.kext since PM is enabled by default
• Removed a couple of PCI definitions in ACPI section of the config.plist file as they are not necessary

Service announcement:

If you are unable to update Ventura to 13.3 beta, disable E-Cores

(whops I meant to post it in the ASUs Creator thread)

And it turns out that, until a solution is found, E-Cores need to be disabled in order to boot 13.3 as well.

Last edited:

I figured out why my GB5 scores were so low, in case anyone else searches this…. Just upgraded my Ram speed from 2400mhz to 3600mhz, gained 2,000+ points on Geekbench. Also updated my EFI to your newest 0.8.9, works flawlessly.

I figured out why my GB5 scores were so low, in case anyone else searches this…. Just upgraded my Ram speed from 2400mhz to 3600mhz, gained 2,000+ points on Geekbench. Also updated my EFI to your newest 0.8.9, works flawlessly.
Did you replace the RAM sticks or just change the RAM settings in BIOS (XMP I/II profile)? If BIOS, the AI-Tweaker option would have taken care of that.

Back