Contribute
Register

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-PLUS WiFi D4 | Alder Lake i7-12700K | AMD Radeon RX580

Curious if any of you guys have experienced this issue with your build... After waking up from sleep, my magic mouse cursor freezes up and becomes unresponsive. I have to do a hard restart to get it responsive again. It doesn't happen every time, maybe 50%. I haven't tried another wireless mouse yet, been looking at maybe testing out Logitech MX Anywhere and see if the problem persists. Curious if anyone else has this little annoyance. I'm on Monterey 12.6.3 as well.

Hi!
Great work front gear,
I'm using your EFI in the ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus D4, and everything is working. One thing I've notice is a crash log of the process "bluetoothd" and the hack is waking from sleep mode randomly, is this happening because my board is not the wifi one? what changes in the EFI should I do? I'm using a fenvi card for wifi and bluetooth.

Thanks

Hi!
Great work front gear,
I'm using your EFI in the ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus D4, and everything is working. One thing I've notice is a crash log of the process "bluetoothd" and the hack is waking from sleep mode randomly, is this happening because my board is not the wifi one? what changes in the EFI should I do? I'm using a fenvi card for wifi and bluetooth.

Thanks
I have the WiFi version of this motherboard and having the same issue with Bluetooth and sleep. I'm using a broadcom card (not the built-in Intel one) and most everything works just fine. However, I have yet to be able to chase this sleep issue down. I've found it's 100% reproducible. The very first time you put it to sleep after a restart, it will immediately wake right back one second after my lights turn off and fans stop. It happens every single time after a boot on the first sleep. When the machine does get to sleep on the second try I've noticed it will randomly wake up throughout the day like you.

Also, when waking it up from sleep, about 50% of the time my mouse and keyboard will be frozen. My bluetooth icon in my status bar is connected still, but nothing responds and I have to do a hard restart. I initially thought it was just my mouse, hence my last post, but discovered it was the bluetooth and not just the mouse. I've tried disabling USBWakeFixup.kext & SSDT-USBW.aml and it helps with the waking up and BT freezing, but the first sleep after restart persists. It takes a lot of clicks and keyboard presses to finally wake it up though with USBWakefix off.

I've fiddled with proximity wake, USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) in BIOS, doubled check my USB map, unplugged all USB peripherals, Enable wake for network access is off, power nap is off... Can't figure out whats causing the wake ups and bluetooth issues.

I have the Z790 version and see a similar issue with the first sleep after a reboot, it will wake to dark wake (No monitor on) but if I leave it it will go back to sleep and not wake until a mouse or keyboard input is given.

I have the WiFi version of this motherboard and having the same issue with Bluetooth and sleep. I'm using a broadcom card (not the built-in Intel one) and most everything works just fine. However, I have yet to be able to chase this sleep issue down. I've found it's 100% reproducible. The very first time you put it to sleep after a restart, it will immediately wake right back one second after my lights turn off and fans stop. It happens every single time after a boot on the first sleep. When the machine does get to sleep on the second try I've noticed it will randomly wake up throughout the day like you.

Also, when waking it up from sleep, about 50% of the time my mouse and keyboard will be frozen. My bluetooth icon in my status bar is connected still, but nothing responds and I have to do a hard restart. I initially thought it was just my mouse, hence my last post, but discovered it was the bluetooth and not just the mouse. I've tried disabling USBWakeFixup.kext & SSDT-USBW.aml and it helps with the waking up and BT freezing, but the first sleep after restart persists. It takes a lot of clicks and keyboard presses to finally wake it up though with USBWakefix off.

I've fiddled with proximity wake, USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) in BIOS, doubled check my USB map, unplugged all USB peripherals, Enable wake for network access is off, power nap is off... Can't figure out whats causing the wake ups and bluetooth issues.
Hi, I had the same problem of sleeping and waking up quickly, but I was able to adjust it using this link. The issue now is these "bluetoothd" crash reports, which apparently don't cause any noticeable problem with the machine's performance, but it keeps turning on sometimes as if it were in powernap, even with this function turned off."

Hi, I had the same problem of sleeping and waking up quickly, but I was able to adjust it using this link. The issue now is these "bluetoothd" crash reports, which apparently don't cause any noticeable problem with the machine's performance, but it keeps turning on sometimes as if it were in powernap, even with this function turned off."
What did you do to rectify the sleep / instant wake please?

What did you do to rectify the sleep / instant wake please?
sudo pmset autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset powernap 0
sudo pmset standby 0
sudo pmset proximitywake 0
sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 0

crash log of the process "bluetoothd" and the hack is waking from sleep mode randomly, is this happening because my board is not the wifi one? what changes in the EFI should I do? I'm using a fenvi card for wifi and bluetooth.
Hi, do you have the followings in your EFI? BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. Try to add them and see whether it improves or not.

Hi, do you have the followings in your EFI? BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. Try to add them and see whether it improves or not.
No, I'll get them and see if it works.

Back