Contribute
Register

ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS WiFi D4 | Rocket Lake i7-11700K | AMD Radeon RX 580

Forgot to ask, but is this board CNVi unlocked? My RX 6800 XT leaves me with little room to access other PCIe slots, and it would be nice to be able to replace the included Intel Wi-Fi module with a BCM94360CS2.
It is not CNVI unlocked. The Intel WiFi is built onto the motherboard so if you want to use BCM, it would have to be one of the PCIe slots.

Hello guys,
Will EFI file work with i7 11700k, asus tuf gaming z590 plus wifi and rx6600xt ?
Can i update to ventura(13.1)?
I see rx580 in Frontgear hardware profile. So if it not working, pls help or give me docs for make it work
Thanks

Hello guys,
Will EFI file work with i7 11700k, asus tuf gaming z590 plus wifi and rx6600xt ?
Can i update to ventura(13.1)?
I see rx580 in Frontgear hardware profile. So if it not working, pls help or give me docs for make it work
Thanks
It should work, but you will need to modify the config.plist file and add the boot argument since you have an RX 6600XT GPU or you'll get a black boot screen:

• config.plist → NVRAM → Add → 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 → add "agdpmod=pikera" to boot-args

Modify the config.plist file according to whatever hardware you have.

It should work, but you will need to modify the config.plist file and add the boot argument since you have an RX 6600XT GPU or you'll get a black boot screen:

• config.plist → NVRAM → Add → 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 → add "agdpmod=pikera" to boot-args

Modify the config.plist file according to whatever hardware you have.
Thanks for your help. Pls help me answer questions below
I see MacPro1,1 in plist file. Can i change to MacPro7,1? ( after installed or i need reinstall macos?)
My wifi6 and bluetooth built-in not working.( i enable on bios) can you guide me for make it work?
Can i make digital optical out working?
Sory for more question. I'm new-bie. All off them for me is very hard to understand

Thanks for your help. Pls help me answer questions below
I see MacPro1,1 in plist file. Can i change to MacPro7,1? ( after installed or i need reinstall macos?)
My wifi6 and bluetooth built-in not working.( i enable on bios) can you guide me for make it work?
Can i make digital optical out working?
Sory for more question. I'm new-bie. All off them for me is very hard to understand

1. You can change to MacPro7,1 in the config.plist file but you will need to generate new SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, MLB, ROM, SMBIOS because if you do not, macOS won't be very happy. These settings are located under PlatformInfo > Generic section. Use genSMBIOS utility or OpenCore Configurator app to generate what you need. No need to re-install macOS.

2. To use the built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, see this post

3. SPDIF is not working and a lot of people are having problem with that

4. Search is your friend; it's located at the upper right corner of this page. Use it to your advantage because it is the best way to learn

1. You can change to MacPro7,1 in the config.plist file but you will need to generate new SystemSerialNumber, SystemUUID, MLB, ROM, SMBIOS because if you do not, macOS won't be very happy. These settings are located under PlatformInfo > Generic section. Use genSMBIOS utility or OpenCore Configurator app to generate what you need. No need to re-install macOS.

2. To use the built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, see this post

3. SPDIF is not working and a lot of people are having problem with that

4. Search is your friend; it's located at the upper right corner of this page. Use it to your advantage because it is the best way to learn
Thank you. I dont know but SPDIF is working now.
I follow your guide and make bluetooth and wifi working too.
But when i click sleep, my computer restarts. Do you have any instructions for this?

Thank you so much

Last edited:
Ahh ... sorry I forgot to update my profile. I'm now using a 10900k paired with an ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS WiFi. I'll update my profile to reflect these changes
hi @Aldaro
am about to pair a 10th gen i5 with a Z590 board as well :)
are you aware of any possibility of getting a system up with just the iGPU?
TIA

hi @Aldaro
am about to pair a 10th gen i5 with a Z590 board as well :)
are you aware of any possibility of getting a system up with just the iGPU?
TIA
still not possible at the moment

hello it is capable bios FW 1801 ?

Got it working. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Back