Contribute
Register

ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS WiFi D4 | Rocket Lake i7-11700K | AMD Radeon RX 580

Is it either/or? Enable AppleVTd or use the SSDT-DMAR.aml? From other posts on here I thought both were needed to enable I225-V ethernet.

I use both together. If use the Apple VT-d you should also use SSDT-DMAC and SSDT-DMAR in ACPI and drop the DMAR tables as @frontgear has described.
B.t.w does someone else also has a lower resolution login screen since the update to 13.1?

Excellent build! Looking through your config, I noticed that you went with the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Is this a more stable choice? I finished a build using this motherboard back at the end of September, and chose MacPro7,1 for my SMBIOS; that said, I am using a comet lake CPU (Core i9 10900k). If you gave MacPro7,1 a shot, what results did that yield? I ask, as I'm still working out some minor issues with my setup. Anyway, thank you so much for the build thread!

Excellent build! Looking through your config, I noticed that you went with the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. Is this a more stable choice? I finished a build using this motherboard back at the end of September, and chose MacPro7,1 for my SMBIOS; that said, I am using a comet lake CPU (Core i9 10900k). If you gave MacPro7,1 a shot, what results did that yield? I ask, as I'm still working out some minor issues with my setup. Anyway, thank you so much for the build thread!
you could also use iMac19,2 or iMac19,3 with your coffee lake

you could also use iMac19,2 or iMac19,3 with your coffee lake
I had a coffee lake build that used iMac19,1, but after the easy DRM workarounds stopped working, I switched that machine over toMacPro7,1. For this build, would it be iMac20,1 or iMac20,2? If I'm not mistaken, iMac20,2 was reserved for configurations that had a custom 10910 instead of a 10900k).

I had a coffee lake build that used iMac19,1, but after the easy DRM workarounds stopped working, I switched that machine over toMacPro7,1. For this build, would it be iMac20,1 or iMac20,2? If I'm not mistaken, iMac20,2 was reserved for configurations that had a custom 10910 instead of a 10900k).
i9 9900K is a Coffee Lake CPU, as per your hardware profile

i9 9900K is a Coffee Lake CPU, as per your hardware profile
Ahh ... sorry I forgot to update my profile. I'm now using a 10900k paired with an ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS WiFi. I'll update my profile to reflect these changes

sorry I forgot to update my profile.
Still waiting for you to update it. As per site rules.
Should show up here:

Screen Shot 32.jpg

Forgot to ask, but is this board CNVi unlocked? My RX 6800 XT leaves me with little room to access other PCIe slots, and it would be nice to be able to replace the included Intel Wi-Fi module with a BCM94360CS2.

Back