Contribute
Register

ASUS Transformer Book Flip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read the section, but I don't know what to type to make the patch. :/

Also, I do understand that USB WiFi is not recommended, but I am not very good at taking apart laptops. Also, I need something easy, like the USB WiFi, for when I quickly need to get to the Web. If you were to recommend USB WiFi, which one should I get? (Sorry if this seems pushy.)

I have read the section, but I don't know what to type to make the patch. :/

What, specifically, are you confused about?

Also, I do understand that USB WiFi is not recommended, but I am not very good at taking apart laptops. Also, I need something easy, like the USB WiFi, for when I quickly need to get to the Web. If you were to recommend USB WiFi, which one should I get? (Sorry if this seems pushy.)

USB WiFi user interface is poor, and the drivers tend to cause instability.

Replacing PCIe WiFi is very easy.

It doesn't tell me what I need to type. It just mentions the patches and how to find the Codec ID.

From the tutorials I read, they normally add sample code, like this:

Code:
print("Hello")
write ("enter password ")

I don't know what code to add or modify. It's not specific enough for me.

It doesn't tell me what I need to type. It just mentions the patches and how to find the Codec ID.

From the tutorials I read, they normally add sample code, like this:

Code:
print("Hello")
write ("enter password ")

I don't know what code to add or modify. It's not specific enough for me.

ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Some specifics of using MaciASL are in the README at my laptop patch repo (linked from the guide).

I keep getting these errors whenever I compile. When I do add the '(', it reports another error. What's going on?

image.jpg

It just doesn't make sense. Why open another statement where one needs to be closed?

That solved the 4096 problem. Now I'm getting tons of other errors. I don't even know what to modify or delete! Should I send you the DSL for you to look at? I'm too afraid to mess with this file other than adding the patch.

That solved the 4096 problem. Now I'm getting tons of other errors. I don't even know what to modify or delete! Should I send you the DSL for you to look at? I'm too afraid to mess with this file other than adding the patch.

Post the native DSDT/SSDT files.

There is only a single error in DSDT.dsl.

Make sure you have ACPI 5.0 selected in MaciASL->Preferences.

Open DSDT.dsl in MaciASL (you can just double click on it from Finder).
Click Compile.
Click on the first (of two) errors.

Notice that it is in a method called ADBG. This is a very common error.

Now look at the patches available in the repository. Note "Fix ADBG Error". Select and Apply it.

Result: zero errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back