Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z-97 PRO WiFi-USB 3.1
CPU
Core i7 4790k
Graphics
GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5 128 BITS
Hello everyone,

Newbie here, so pardon me if I'm missing something obvious.

Let's start,
I built my first Hack 1 month ago following all the guidance I found here and I'm very happy with the results, thank you all, the hardware as follow:

Asus z97-Pro (Wifi ac/USB 3.1)
Intel core i7 4790k
Kingston HyperX FURY 8gb+8gb
GTX 750 Ti OC (with dual monitors)
OSX 10.11.6
(specs.png)

But now, I just bought the Asus Thunderbolt EXii, the single port model (I want to run a Universal Audio Apollo with my hackintosh in the future) attached to the recommended PCI_E port, hook up the both cables (TB Header and the external DisplayPort cable) set all the recommended BIOS settings....but my card is not getting recognized by OSX.

In the System Report screen, over the Thunderbolt tab, I receive the "no hardware was found" message (info2.png), and over the Graphics/Displays tab my HD4600 is not properly configured (no kext loaded) (info1.png), once I use my GTX750 instead. But as far as I know, thunderbolt multiplexes PCIE+Video (the built-in video in this case), so in order to get my thunderbolt port fully functional I need to configure my built-in card also. (No video signal from thunderbolt or directly from on-board HDMI)

So guys, I'm asking some help here, I tried to load some kext files in order to start my built-in hd4600, but no success, and osx can't see my thunderbolt card as well :/

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Attachments

• specs.png
    specs.png
    69.4 KB · Views: 267
  • info2.png
    info2.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 276
  • info1.png
    info1.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 267
In a lot of cases, Thunderbolt doesn't work until you boot into Windows with the Windows drivers to initialize the hardware. Perhaps that's the case with your adapter. (Just a guess.)

Yeah, I read something about this, but my machine is not dual boot to try this, and my BIOS is showing all the config options for the Thunderbolt card, people report that windows boot is needed when the BIOS doesn't see the Thunderbolt card at all and hide those options.

I'll wait a few days and try to boot windows and see if it helps.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back