Contribute
Register

Asus Taichi - installing Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing around a bit more with this thing. I found out that if I put one of those lines that are meant for LVDS instead of one of those lines for Dsiplayport/HDMI it casues a bit different response. It still doesn't work but the main display flashes a few times before displaying a picture. And if I click the "detect displays" option, the button freezes for a few seconds. I don't know if that means anything or not. It would be logical for the other display to use LVDS as well.

But this is getting frustrating. This laptop is perfect in all regards. The only thing not perfect is the fact that it doesn't run Mac OS.

You probably realize this, but if you want zero-frustration OS X on a near perfect laptop, buy an Apple MacBook Pro or Apple MacBook Air.

I can deal with frustration. And I already own a MBP. It is an Early 2011 model with an i5 and a DIY SSD addition. It is fine for almost everything.

But... I want a tablet-laptop convertible with Mac OS. And I am pretty sure that Apple won't make one.

I am trying the same thing on my TaiChi 21 using Clover, but it did not work. Screen stucks at the Clover boot up, never went to the OS installation. Can any one help?

I am trying the same thing on my TaiChi 21 using Clover, but it did not work. Screen stucks at the Clover boot up, never went to the OS installation. Can any one help?

Correct config.plist for your hardware?

don't have one.

I will try tralalahopsasa 's config.plst

I've gone though a few linux forums to see if this thing works on linux. Apparently it does. The only thing is that you have to boot it with the laptop closed if you want the external screen to work. So it is definitely just a graphics driver issue and you don't need anything special to get the second display working.

Now if I boot Mavericks with the screen closed I don't get anything. Well it isn't anything. After it finishes loading the screen goes blank. But the backlight stays on.

Can I just disabled the exterior touch screen then?
Can you share your config.plist and DDST?

Touchscreen doesn't work at all so that isn't a problem. It works with the pen but that isn't really a problem.

Here is the config.plist. But I forgot to make a backup of everything else when I had to reinstall the system. And I will try to make the outer screen work before I try anything else.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 254
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back